Lip kit or Body kit

jerrodh

As if I didnt know most anyone will say stock or just a lip kit. Currently my del sol has a back bumper on it. And sometime probably next spring Im going to have the car completly repainted as I need to replace the hood (for sure just an OEM hood).

I want to replace the rear bumper and I may even have to replace the front bumper due to some damage from wear and tear. So I've been looking at "Clean body kits" or a lip kit. My only real problem with the lip kind of kits/add ons is that I'd have to buy a new bumpers to mount the lips and give it a nice clean look, ontop of buying the lips. Which may or may not prove more expensive.

But I just kind of wanted your opioions on if there are any or many clean body kits, or if my only option to keep a clean Del Sol are to return the bumpers to stock form and add like a CF lip or something. Or if that would even look good?

Since you're doing some body work anyway....this is what I'd do.

Get a 96-97 front bumper. Cut the aux light section out of your 94 front bumper and mold into the 96-97 bumper (in the same area as your 94 bumper). Add a SI style front lip....and a heavy suspension drop.

lip

you may want to wait until your car is lowered, and have driven it as such in your general driving areas to make sure you won't scrape first.

i considered adding a front lip to my sol, but if i did i'd no longer be able to take it to my bank, lol.

there really arnt many clean body kits out there. kaminari makes a pretty clean front but they are expensive. theres a guy over on solsociety selling one, so if you like those, probably jump on that deal

• 4 weeks later...

Mugen Front Bumper FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

other than that, i say EG SiR front lip <3

:EDIT: and PLEASE not a one-off look-a-like mugen front bumper

I say do what you want as long as you're happy with it. I use to be a person who was all up for kits, but now I don't really like them. There are a few nice kits out there that are clean, and they aren't too bad on prices. Search around and see what people have done to get an idea of what you want it to look like.

Just remember though, with a body kit, you will need to be more careful of a driver. The fiberglass these kits come in (unless you get urethane) crack easily. Whatever you do though, if you're going to get new fenders, don't get z3's, everyone has them. There are some pretty slick fenders out there that are attractive and tasteful, especially if you're kitting your car.

Lips are nice, but if you're lowered, your front end will be even lower than before. I saw someone go over a pot hole and it ripped his lip off, and someone on Sol Society the same thing happened. I'd hate to see you put all sorts of work into your baby just to hit a pot hole and have the work be damaged/destroyed.

If you get a lip, make sure it's of the urethane persuasion.. Unless of course you live on pretty flat roads.

Otherwise, you'll hate yourself.

Archived