Auto 2 Manual tranny switch????

bark3rk20

Im planning on buying a jdm d15b motor and tranny for my dx eg hatch but I wanted to convert to a manual tranny.... I need to know what parts I need and ho much it is going to cost. does anybody have any knowledge about how to do this....??????? buying a new car isnt an option

Realistically, it is cheaper to sell your car and buy a 5 speed version of what you have....

You will need the tranny, clutch pedal, ecu, shift linkage,....um... cant think of anything else at the moment, but im sure someone will add to this for me..

well the motor Im buying comes with the motor, tranny, ecu, shift linkage for 750.... I have a friend that has a wrecked 91 hatch and he said I could have the clutch pedal.... i also know i need a auto to man tranny mount.. I just cant sell my car right now....

You cant sell it, and go that day to buy a new one... but you can have your car down for a few days while you do a auto/manual...... well, i guess to each his own...

If your getting all of the stuff you need, go for it. Sounds like you have a decent idea of what your getting into... you should be able to pull it off..

lets see, to swap it from manual to auto is going to be expensive, time consuming, kinda frustrating.

It you really wanna do it hondatech or google will have a write up on the swap and everything but it will be so hard to swap everything cause you have to swap the tranny, ecu, you gotta run tranny lines, you gotta get a clutch slave cylinder, and clutch fluid holder, etc. list goes on and IMO it would be cheaper and better in the long run to buy a manual car. but it can be done not saying it can't.

Anyways. just search around or ask around. info is endless and you are not the first person to do it. everything is mostly plug and play.

You cant sell it, and go that day to buy a new one... but you can have your car down for a few days while you do a auto/manual...... well, i guess to each his own...

If your getting all of the stuff you need, go for it. Sounds like you have a decent idea of what your getting into... you should be able to pull it off..

well I cant sell it b/c I just bought it and I know I cant get what I owe on it..... I have 2 other cars I can drive for the time being(my dads,he doesnt use them)...... but what about this idea...... I might go ahead and build my 87 rx7 instead but I still want a little more power from my civic.... so since I already have a b20 in the garage what about using that and hooking up a b18b auto tranny to it ??? ? is this something that can be done? ??? or is it also complicated? ???

i did an at-mt convo in my teg...sucked.

trans

linkage

shifter bushings

mounts

reverse switch

clutch

pressure plate

flywheel

many bolts

MT pedal cluster

Hydrolic assembly

MT Gauge Cluster

axles

cutting/welding

+ a lot more b/c it's been over a year and i forget a lot...

don't do it.

yea its the b20b from a 97 crv.... but how can I keep obd1 instead of convering.... I thought I as told somthing about the intake manifold and an obd1 ecu... can anyone shine some light on this???..... I might also get an ls head for it too... I heard they are a little more agressive...

Archived