Is it the Clutch or the tranny?

Kiazu

Hey guyz, i got a quick question. I just bought a 93 civic si (eg). The engine was swapped to the oem which is the d16z6. K the car the is driveable. Say im driving it and i take my foot of the gas and the clutch and i leave the car in a gear to slow down it makes like a rubbing sound. Like it sounds like air is coming out the transmission. I know about hondas but this is a first. I can drive the car but even when i go to switch gear and i step in the clutch and switch as i start to take my foot off the clutch you can hear it. Just wounds like something is scrapping. I dont knoe like i said this was a first and everyone i talk to doesnt know since they its a uncommon issue. please feel free to email me at lopezchris21@gmail.com or feel fre to call me at (813) 829-9076. If anyone lives in the Tampa, Florida area and know wat is exactly wrong with the car or wants to check it out themselves let me know.

thank you for your time.

Hey guyz thanx for the responses. What exactly is the bearing that you guyz are talking about and is there anyway i wuld be able to check? and if it is the clutch it there a specific way to point out which of the 2 it is. the clutch feels perfect. no slipping. i step on the gas the car moves. if that sound wasnt there you would not be able to tell there was anything wrong. it drive perfect. plz let me know guyz

yea man thats how you tell when its ur throw out bearing so my advice to you is that you might as well find a oem clutch or something cause your going to need to fix that problem! but if you can take the noise then it will be fine, the bearing isnt going to break apart or anything

lol now im just confused. when the clutch is in it make absolutely no sound. when i start to let go right as im about to take of my foot it makes the sound, when im steppin on the gay it does not make a sound either. it when i take both feet off and the car starts to slow down is when i hear the constant noise.

if i remember correctly when ever you push on the clutch or press the gass pedal it takes pressure off the throw-out bearing cousing it to make a noise. when you push the gas or clutch pedal you put pressur on the bearing causing the noise to stop.

if i remember correctly when ever you push on the clutch or press the gass pedal it takes pressure off the throw-out bearing cousing it to make a noise. when you push the gas or clutch pedal you put pressur on the bearing causing the noise to stop.

Hey bro ur saying if u push on the clutch or gay pedal in both the sentences.ur saying when u put pressure on both. so yea im lost lol

lol now im just confused. when the clutch is in it make absolutely no sound. when i start to let go right as im about to take of my foot it makes the sound, when im steppin on the gay it does not make a sound either. it when i take both feet off and the car starts to slow down is when i hear the constant noise.

Pretty vague description. I'm going to go out on a limb and say mainshaft bearings. Unless you can give me more. With the transmission in neutral, and the clutch disengaged does it make any noise?

hey you said that you use the gears to slow down (down shift) well the throw out bearing only has pressure on it when you apply your foot down on the pedal thats why i was saying it was ur throw out bearing, cause you hear the squealing when slowing down rite?

I'm experiencing a similar phenomenon with my eg. But, it sounds more like a clattering noise and it's only apparent when the car is still cold. Also, my noise occurs with my foot on or off the gas pedal. But only when the tranny is in gear.

Pretty vague description. I'm going to go out on a limb and say mainshaft bearings. Unless you can give me more. With the transmission in neutral, and the clutch disengaged does it make any noise?

hey man i appreciate the time u took to write down ur thought. I started the post and the very first post has a better description.

And Delsol209 thanx for ur time also.

"hey you said that you use the gears to slow down (down shift) well the throw out bearing only has pressure on it when you apply your foot down on the pedal thats why i was saying it was ur throw out bearing, cause you hear the squealing when slowing down rite?"

Yea when i down shift it makes the sound. The Is in gear and and i am not pushing in the clutch nor the gas. So neither of the pedals r being pushed in and yes the car is in gear. That is the only time it makes the noise. If by pushing in the clutch puts pressure on the throw out bearing then when i take my foot of the clutch it would take pressure off causing the noise? and does that work the same for the gas pedal? When i push the gas pedal will i be putting pressure on the bearing as well since when i step on the gas the sound is not there. when i dont step on the gas and leave the car in gear the sound reappears.

Appreciate all the info and i hope i just answered some of the questions u guyz had bout my clearness.

I'm experiencing a similar phenomenon with my eg. But, it sounds more like a clattering noise and it's only apparent when the car is still cold. Also, my noise occurs with my foot on or off the gas pedal. But only when the tranny is in gear.

Yea this is happening to me whether the car is cold or its been running for 30min and this is sounding like a rasping noise.

Archived