Here's a thought.......injecting straight Oxygen into Engine

For somepeople, the laws of thermodynamics can be confusing, that I can understand (especially when they cannot distinguish between an open system and a closed system).

So just for a moment, lets for get you want to make the hydrogen as you need it, in the car.

I realize that 2.5L is not a ton but...

Let me make this clear, NOBODY uses uncompressed hydrogen as a combustion fuel. You would not be able to bring the car to an idle with uncompressed hydrogen.

Please realize, you will not be able to bring enough uncompressed hydrogen with you for it to be of any use. Look at NASA, they burn it; and they only use liquid hydrogen.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about propane conversion?

There is a propane powered Civic GX. A full swap from this Civic GX will give you the desired result, although it would likely be cost prohibitive. Keep in mind you could still end up spending more for propane than gasoline, it really depends on how close you live to a natural propane supply. The point of the Civic GX is to lower emissions, propane is an extremely clean burning fuel. As far as horsepower at the wheels: 115hp. The Civic GX rocks a 1.8L (12.5:1 compression ratio) I-4 set up for propane, and propane has an octane rating of 130.

I live in Florida, Texas is not that far away, AND there are drilling platforms right in the Gulf of Mexico; but still propane is pretty pricey here.

Propane is good...

I can't wait until we do what Brazil does... :D

if we had a spare engine, we should try pushing in high concentration Oxygen and see what happens like the lawn mower hehe...that would be fun :D I've blown a few things up before...

And not sure I follow? Set up a venture design into the air intake.....would be kind of hard to do if it were liquid.

Liquid hydrogen boils at -423 F....it wouldn't be liquid for long after it hit the intake. Point was that unless it was being introduced from a compressed liquid state then you would not get enough volume to make an appreciable difference in how the engine runs.

i dont have the time to read every post so maybe this was already said.

but what if you liquified the oxygen and put it into the gas mixture? it would be easier to regulate in this form

oh and once you guys have a theory on how this should work you should ask a nascar team for an old engine....those things might just be tough enough...maybe not though lol

i dont have the time to read every post so maybe this was already said.

but what if you liquified the oxygen and put it into the gas mixture? it would be easier to regulate in this form

oh and once you guys have a theory on how this should work you should ask a nascar team for an old engine....those things might just be tough enough...maybe not though lol

This was already covered. It's a bad idea...period. You aren't going to save any money, expose yourself to considerable extra risks, and will not make anymore power than you would with a normal nitrous setup. It belongs in the same bag as electric superchargers and multi-ground sparkplugs.

Oh...and there is no such thing as getting an "old" NASCAR engine. They aren't released to the public as they are built using techniques that each team considers proprietary.

Archived