Good question...and it was discussed earlier with the mods. Out of that, I understood it to be anyone posting in the Classifieds...sellers and buyers. Technically, it would be that way once an admin adjusts posting privileges in the Classifieds anyway - unless the forums were split: one for sellers, one for buyers. I am all up for letting people wanting to buy and sorry if it seems like I shot down someone after you guys tried helping him out. If the other mods aren't to picky about WTB threads, then we'll change the rules to allow them to post.

And I'll move this to an appropriate forum.:thumbsup:

as of right now, we are currently waiting for either Drew or Trepid to implicate users with 50 and above post count, to be able to post in the classified section.

after this is complete, im pretty sure there will be easier changes. like when we get new members, and they are the hit it and quit it type, they would have to be interested in HF rather then 1 post spamming.

also, we all made a decided 50 will be the number yall voted.

we've had this discussion last year, both admins have been seriously been MIA.

sorry for the inconvenience

the locks and deletes you see is just temporary. ninja.gif

I personally have no problem allowing WTB threads from any users. While it is possible for buyers to scam sellers, it's not quite as common.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking at automating the 50 post count restriction, but it is appearing more difficult than I had originally hoped. I'll figure it out here shortly.

I don't think it's a problem with newbs posting WTB, but the restriction won't work for one and not the other, unless as BuddySol says, we split the WTB and WTS into two subforums. Let me know what you guys think.

Agreed, splitting them is fine.

It will be nice to no longer have to delete the threads from users with less than 50 posts, and have them send angry PM's because of it. :thumbsup:

Hopefully it won't increase post whoring here just to sell an item. Although; if they come here just to dump off some stuff and find that they can't do so without 50 posts or so I'm sure they'll just up and leave without even making an attempt.

yeah im waiting for the "i cant post in the for sale section, so im posting this in the WTB section instead...."

i think under the description it should say, you need 50 posts to create a thread in this forum. that way they wont have to read the rules pinned at the top of the thread in capital letters, because for some reason that is so hard to find.

yeah im waiting for the "i cant post in the for sale section, so im posting this in the WTB section instead...."

i think under the description it should say, you need 50 posts to create a thread in this forum. that way they wont have to read the rules pinned at the top of the thread in capital letters, because for some reason that is so hard to find.

Yeah, people will inevitably post in the WTB or in the car-specific forums. Some will follow the rules, however, and some will just move on to another forum to spam. It isn't a "cure-all", but it does help out some.

Archived