Alright im in a pickle, im going to be done with my contract with my cellphone carrier SPRINT in the beginning of Jan. Well I wanted to know what you guys think i should buy myself for my xmas present to myself....and well i've narrowed it down to a couple...

Verizon Voyager

Voyager1

Voyager2

Verizon Blackberry World edition

Blackberry World

Or My lingering decision of the LG Shine from AT&T

LG Shine1

LG Shine2

I really wanted to get that one because i can use it for work and also use it as a internet card for my laptop....i mainly need it because i use microsoft outlook as my planner....but then again...i dunno...hmmm....the choices....i need to know how AT&T service is...as far as dropped calls and how the texting works, do they give you a set amount or do you get unlimited and stuff like that

If tethering your phone or getting an air card for your laptop is a priority you prolly want to make sure that you have good 3G/Broadband coverage with AT&T and your phone/aircard is 3G, cause EDGE is dial-up slow. It's like regular CDMA data before EV-DO came to town.

Anyhow, I was never a big fan of Verizon and how they nickle and dimed their way with your bills, limited customization/functionality with phones by locking out 3rd party support and that ugly UI overlay that is standard on each and every phone. I'm still kind of a pro-Sprint, but even I left them for Helio, which runs on the Sprint Network. I'm prolly going to head back to Sprint when my contract's up by using their Sero plans (which aren't advertised since technically it's a modified version of their employee plans) and if they ever get a decent phone line-up instead of losing exclusives to Verizon.

But if it's between AT&T and Verizon, I'd prolly go with Verizon based on CDMA/EV-DO technology alone. Maybe in a couple years when AT&T's network is built out and running, it'd be AT&T all the way.

• 2 months later...

So I ended up buying the LG Shine because the blackberrys were sold out and theh only blackberry's available were refurbished....anyway so i had the LG Shine for about a month, it was a sweet phone, but the fact that it didnt have the capabilites of a typical blackberry i decided to get an Iphone....and shall I say its friggin sweet :thumbsup:

I bought an iPhone in September, worth every penny, and not a single problem with it so far.

Apple's releasing a bunch of apps for it on Thursday through iTunes.

Seb: is that the LG Prada? I believe Europe has that phone right now and its making its way to the states, its LG's version of the Iphone

I might. It depends. I have T-mobile. I was thinking about getting the Sidekick LX. But I've heard some cons on that phone. We'll see. I'm waiting until I get my free full upgrade.

well tmobile sucks around here, my parents had it, and still do...but yea ive always had sprint, but recently just switched to at&t....its well worth it, and i believe the blackberry curve is 49.99 or 99.99 for new customers....sweet deal....

As far as the sidekick, its not that great of a phone, but yes there are alot of cons, reception on the phone, the swivel/slider part easily snaps...well a friend went through two of them, and say they feel cheaply made....not durable

Apple just announced support for Microsoft Exchange, push email, and a ton of other apps today for the iPhone.

iPhone > Blackberry

Archived