my civic...

civicswap

iight i got a 94 civic....with a 99 B18B Engine and GSR Tranny.....

Very fast car.....

its lowered so my tires bow out..... and i have to replace them once a week (but i drive all day everyday)

Its got headers, intake, full exhaust, sway bar.....

my clutch randomly quit workin so i now drive without a clutch and as i tried puttin it in 5th one day i fracked up the tranny some how so now i dont have reverse at all and when i put it in 5th some times all the gears get fracked up and i gotta jiggle it to get 1st through 4th to work again....

my electrical is fracked up too my brakes lights are always stuck on and idk how to fix that

i also need a tune up

should i spend my money in another civic and sell this or try and fix this one... idk... wat i should do and also if u kno how to fix the electrical or tranny problems please do tell thanks

ok i'm gonna say this and you should probably do it...

1. get a camber kit to fix your tire issue and maybe you won't burn up tires so fast

2. it's header not headers you have an inline 4 not a "V" motor

3. check your fluide resevoir for the clutch and/or replace the clutch it doesn't usually just stop workin

4. if the clutch don't work, DONT DRIVE IT!

5. replace the tranny if need be

6. brake lights sounds like the switch under the dash is stuck in causing the lights to come on.

7. Get a tune up

after all that then sell the car or keep it. In my opinion it'd be worth it to rebuild it and sell it then to try and sell it now.

okay.... what does it hurt drivin without a clutch im not being a smart ass i just dont know

im only 17 but i have been drivin sticks for ever and at the right RPMs it goes right into gear and i can still race without it....

ive had 8 clutchs from camaros to hondas to trucks to voltzwagens...

so i really do know what im doin so i dont know what it would hurt not using a clutch till i can afford to put one in...

and i only want like 1000 for the engine/tranny if its worth that... because im tryin to buy a diff car and i can deliver it!! and i sell the whole car for 1200 but its up to u

ive only lost 1 race with it... and its because it needed a tune up and i didnt lose bad

i leave 5.0s sittin :]

but yea.

wow....

i didn't know a manual car could be driven without a clucth...how do you disengage before you switch gears? that makes no sense

You match RPM's with the correct gear. It is really easy with syncroed trannys. For example however several dumptrucks and heavy operation equipment are standard however they do no have clutches. You just match RPM w/ correct gear. All you do to disengage is to put your car in neural. I know I didn't explain this well and I'm sure someone will bitch me out and correct me but...there you go

iight i got a 94 civic....with a 99 B18B Engine and GSR Tranny.....

Very fast car.....

its lowered so my tires bow out..... and i have to replace them once a week (but i drive all day everyday)

Its got headers, intake, full exhaust, sway bar.....

my clutch randomly quit workin so i now drive without a clutch and as i tried puttin it in 5th one day i fracked up the tranny some how so now i dont have reverse at all and when i put it in 5th some times all the gears get fracked up and i gotta jiggle it to get 1st through 4th to work again....

my electrical is fracked up too my brakes lights are always stuck on and idk how to fix that

i also need a tune up

should i spend my money in another civic and sell this or try and fix this one... idk... wat i should do and also if u kno how to fix the electrical or tranny problems please do tell thanks

How many miles one the engine? Would be intrested in purchase :devil:

okay.... what does it hurt drivin without a clutch im not being a smart ass i just dont know

im only 17 but i have been drivin sticks for ever and at the right RPMs it goes right into gear and i can still race without it....

ive had 8 clutchs from camaros to hondas to trucks to voltzwagens...

so i really do know what im doin so i dont know what it would hurt not using a clutch till i can afford to put one in...

and i only want like 1000 for the engine/tranny if its worth that... because im tryin to buy a diff car and i can deliver it!! and i sell the whole car for 1200 but its up to u

ive only lost 1 race with it... and its because it needed a tune up and i didnt lose bad

What does it hurt to not use a clutch??? Well obviously, you already found that up by screwing up your tranny. You say you know what you're doing, but you screw the tranny by doing what "you know you're doing".

i leave 5.0s sittin :]

but yea.

That's probably because they're either parked or laughing rather than driving. If you live anywhere near me, I'll give you a race to tally that up to 2 losses.

haha you can drive with out a clutch...i do it in semi's all the time! never really tryed in my honda though...as for some idiot blowin 5.0 mustangs away with a beat up POS civic...i call shananagains!!! i want to see this....chances are they didnt even wanna waste there time with him since he was grindin gears at the stop light lol

it's VOLKSwagen...

from what i understand it doesn't hurt to shift into neutral that way, but i dont think i would actually shift through my gears w/o the clutch. say you are driving on a 25mph speed limit road, and you are going 30 in third, and come up on a red light. so you downshift into second, and the car is slowed by compression braking. at the moment where the slowing of the car stops, you can almost feel a slight pull forward, before the engine begins to bog (if you do nothing with the pedals), you should be able to push the lever out of gear very easily at that exact moment. i have known people who did find those points during acceleration at which they could shift w/o using their clutch, and have been able to do it continuously w/o damaging anything, though i just have to believe that if you drive smoothly, dont ride the clutch constantly, or dump the clutch time after time w/o a chance to cool down in between, it's got to be better to just use the clutch.

EDIT_here, found this...."It is possible to shift gears without using the clutch at all, by careful throttle manipulation. When transmissions were unsynchronized this was usually the easiest method, and still works in modern cars, although it requires a lot more practice than the usual methods described above.

Although the technique works in synchronized gearboxes, it is inappropriate in nearly all circumstances. A synchronized gearbox has a small clutch called a synchronizer (or "synchro") in every forward gear which brings the input and output rotation to the same speed before allowing them to engage. Like the main clutch, these synchronizing clutches use friction. These synchronizing clutches will allow for a margin of error when engaging without the main clutch. If the engine speed is somewhat too high or too low, the synchro will essentially take on the job that the fully engaged main clutch isn't doing. However, a synchro ring is not intended to do the job of a main clutch. Its job is to spin up or spin down just the input part of the transmission that is assumed to be disconnected from the engine. It is not intended to speed up or slow down the entire engine. Such experimentation done on a regular basis will prematurely wear out the synchro rings, which will have to be replaced.

On cars with a freewheel, such as the older SAAB with a two-stroke engine, shifting without the clutch is standard procedure. But actually, the freewheel is a form of clutch: one that is disengaged whenever the input rotation is slower than then output rotation. One must disengage the freewheel by allowing the engine revolutions to drop, which is analogous to pressing the clutch pedal."

this car has been destroyed and does not smoke 5.0s with that motor and i/h/e

most stock 5.0's are slow as fck, my 3.0 ranger would beat the old fox bodies how do you start your car without using your clutch? mine wont even start if its engaged.

Oh, I synchronize my RPMs to the gear I'm switching into anyways. Makes it nice and smooth.

When coming to stops, I usually just disengage the clutch and coast. Is this bad practice? I figure it uses less gas, is quieter, and smoother, and doesn't wear down the engine OR the brakes.

The OP is stupid. 17 whole years old and thinks he's the king of driving. LOL

He obviously has no idea how to properly drive or maintain a car so I'm not even gonna try to help him.

Oh, I synchronize my RPMs to the gear I'm switching into anyways. Makes it nice and smooth.

When coming to stops, I usually just disengage the clutch and coast. Is this bad practice? I figure it uses less gas, is quieter, and smoother, and doesn't wear down the engine OR the brakes.

That's what I do. When coming to a stop, I shift into neutral and just coast to a stop. Like you said, it saves gas, and I don't sound like a ricer downshifting through all the gears. I hate when I hear people doing that....so tacky.

That's what I do. When coming to a stop, I shift into neutral and just coast to a stop. Like you said, it saves gas, and I don't sound like a ricer downshifting through all the gears. I hate when I hear people doing that....so tacky.

Agreed, I am another that just puts it into neutral and coast to a stop.

As far as driving without a clutch completely not gonna happen how do you take off? You can upshift fairly easily if you know the cars' "sweet spot" never been able to match on a downshift because of how I come to a stop in neutral.

Agreed, I am another that just puts it into neutral and coast to a stop.

As far as driving without a clutch completely not gonna happen how do you take off? You can upshift fairly easily if you know the cars' "sweet spot" never been able to match on a downshift because of how I come to a stop in neutral.

You either have to use the clutch, or shut off your car and start it when the light goes green. I merely stated that driving without a clutch is not difficult, and in cases where you're on the road and it goes out, can be the difference in driving home, and having a towing bill.

Archived