bigger library = better reason to get a 360, no matter if it has been out longer or not.

ps3 free online = im not scabby enough about paying 40 quid a year, its more than worth it for the online service, but yeah ok free is always better

the controller fitting perfectly in your hand is subjective yes, but for the average teenagers and young adults hand im sure it'll fit pretty perfectly.

yes the controller has worked well for them, but there is such a thing as evolution, and i think the playstation controller design is far from as good as it can get, it just feels wrong and awkward after playing the smooth contoured 360 design, and the triggers add so much more control over a PS pad.

Sixaxis may not play in the same way as the Wiimotes, just because it is held like a regular game controller, it just doesnt offer the same amount of movement as the Wiimote, it still works in the same way with motion sensors and so on, and it is hell of a coincidence that they added it to the console soon after Nintendo got rave reviews on its new control system.

and no sony didnt just remove the emotion engine, they took down the size of the hard drive, its price has dropped about 3 times, including the most recent one so they can sell it for £300 i think just so they can compete with the price of the 360.

and what was wrong with VHS? it sucked more than a chupa chups lolly tester. it degraded over time, you could only watch something a few times before it started messing up, you had to manually fast forward to different parts on the tape instead of being able to chapter skip, and there was no extras! good riddance!

- Just because there's a bigger library doesn't mean the titles are worthwhile. Look at the Wii, there's a slew of games already and how many of them are actually worth paying for? (I own a Wii and about 8-10 games.) I know there are a lot of FPS titles available for the 360, so if that's what someone's into, then it would make sense to go that route.

- Live is less than the monthly fees for some PC online gaming access, I'll give it that... but as you said, free is always better :D

- The L2 & R2 buttons on the PS3 remotes are more of triggers.

- Motion sensor has been done before the Wii. Also, a lot of Wii games require that you hold the remote like a "regular controller".

- Other changes were made to the PS3, but the EE is the only thing I recall them actually removing from the system.

- Of course the price is lowered to compete with the 360. It's also been lowered since BR doesn't cost as much as it did during launch. I don't know how much of a cost difference the EE would actually have, so I'm not even going to include that.

- The VHS comment was complete sarcasm to someone else asking what is wrong with DVD that we need new formats. DVD's are fine, and so is standard television programming. Hi-Def is much better though :thumbsup: Is either HD-DVD or BR going to become the next format? Maybe, maybe not. DVDs cost the same as an HD or BR disc when they were released, players were outrageously priced, and it took a long time for the majority to adapt and say goodbye to VHS. This is an entirely other discussion, though.

:p

Just ordered my PS3 yesterday :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to add...that Sony, and even more so Nintendo, has better first/second party franchises than Microsoft. Outside of Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and maybe Bioshock...there isn't really much substance to what Microsoft and it's core developers put out for the 360. I mean, outside of Microsoft's hit franchises, there's gotta be something else to play other than Viva Pinata (which btw is making a jump to the DS, which is the oddest jump for a core franchise), right?

hmmm...never heard of them downgrading the blu-ray player. It was widely covered that they removed the Emotion Engine and used more efficient chips to have the PS3 run cooler. Can't find anything on the downgraded blu-ray player tho...

As for PS1 games, you do not need an external hookup. All you need to do is build a virtual memory card on your HD.

really? Because i tried doing that when i played the original Parasite eve...and it didnt work...unless a patch came out...but that was when i had a ps3 lol...

I'll try to find something on the blue ray player thing being downgraded....a friend of mine sent me a link to my email so i'll go through it...

all in all i've always been a sony guy, but lately been more amused with microsoft. I mean yeah ps3 is cool n all but really theres no games coming out thats worth waiting the push back dates....MGS4 may be mutli console.... DMC4 is confirmed that it will be on 360, Street Fighter 4, from what ive been hearing is 360 exclusively until further notice.....the only reason why i would think about getting a ps3 again is the fact that MGS series and Tekken Series.

really? Because i tried doing that when i played the original Parasite eve...and it didnt work...unless a patch came out...but that was when i had a ps3 lol...

I'll try to find something on the blue ray player thing being downgraded....a friend of mine sent me a link to my email so i'll go through it...

all in all i've always been a sony guy, but lately been more amused with microsoft. I mean yeah ps3 is cool n all but really theres no games coming out thats worth waiting the push back dates....MGS4 may be mutli console.... DMC4 is confirmed that it will be on 360, Street Fighter 4, from what ive been hearing is 360 exclusively until further notice.....the only reason why i would think about getting a ps3 again is the fact that MGS series and Tekken Series.

Oh damn @ Parasite Eve

Google searched for the Blu-Ray being downgraded, and the only thing I found was mention that if you're set can't handle 1080p or even 1080i, then it will downgrade the picture to 480p. People were complaining that their sets that do 720p were being downgraded to 480p.

It sounds right now like MGS will be on both consoles, although I haven't paid much attention as I don't care for the game. Tekken is PS3 exclusive right now.

Oh damn @ Parasite Eve

Google searched for the Blu-Ray being downgraded, and the only thing I found was mention that if you're set can't handle 1080p or even 1080i, then it will downgrade the picture to 480p. People were complaining that their sets that do 720p were being downgraded to 480p.

It sounds right now like MGS will be on both consoles, although I haven't paid much attention as I don't care for the game. Tekken is PS3 exclusive right now.

Parasite Eve was an awesome game lol... but yea the tekken series is exclusively only for Sony, Its never going to go to Microsoft...but the MGS series is actually going to be on both systems...which is good for me cause i got rid of the ps3 lol...but i heard the online play is going to be awesome.

DOHC1991: the ps3 has wifi, and will automatically look for local connections, all you do is connect to your connection or put in your WPA-key if there is a password for yours...and it will automatically be linked in, as far as the internet, all you do is go to your dash board and you can go to the playstation store from there and also type in web adresses for internet use...the only think that sucks is that some sites require java and flash to work so some sites might not work...plus the net access on your ps3 blows anyway, stick to a computer....its slow, and very laggy when i had it...and i have a T1 connection

Parasite Eve was an awesome game lol... but yea the tekken series is exclusively only for Sony, Its never going to go to Microsoft...but the MGS series is actually going to be on both systems...which is good for me cause i got rid of the ps3 lol...but i heard the online play is going to be awesome.

DOHC1991: the ps3 has wifi, and will automatically look for local connections, all you do is connect to your connection or put in your WPA-key if there is a password for yours...and it will automatically be linked in, as far as the internet, all you do is go to your dash board and you can go to the playstation store from there and also type in web adresses for internet use...the only think that sucks is that some sites require java and flash to work so some sites might not work...plus the net access on your ps3 blows anyway, stick to a computer....its slow, and very laggy when i had it...and i have a T1 connection

Yeah, I played Parasite Eve back when, until the kid I borrowed it from took it back lol.

I got my PS3 today. Haven't had a chance to really play it yet, but every time I turn it on (and it connects to the wireless), it must reset my wireless connection because my AIM always signs off and signs back on. Unfortunately, there aren't really any media server options for OSX 10.3.9 that I can find at the moment, so I can't set that up right now. Gran Turismo HD looks amazing though, I did so terrible on the game during the quick try I gave it earlier because I was in awe of the details lol.:thumbsup:

Nice, what version did you get? 60gb? Anyway im not sure, about that wireless stuff for the ps3, when i had mine it was always messing with my bluetooth headset for my phone and my internet connection...im not sure what the problem was though

Nice, what version did you get? 60gb? Anyway im not sure, about that wireless stuff for the ps3, when i had mine it was always messing with my bluetooth headset for my phone and my internet connection...im not sure what the problem was though

I went ahead and just got the 80gb.

I went ahead and just got the 80gb.

they only make the 40gb and the 80gb now right?

sooo call me a caveman but i played guitar hero for the first time today...the first song i played was a 91% and the second was 94%.lol i had to stop playing and when i was going to my car, the whole time i was like i gotta get that game.lol

they only make the 40gb and the 80gb now right?

sooo call me a caveman but i played guitar hero for the first time today...the first song i played was a 91% and the second was 94%.lol i had to stop playing and when i was going to my car, the whole time i was like i gotta get that game.lol

Yeah, the 20gb would be hard to find. The 60gb is still around, but just whatever is left in circulation.

I live in a cave then too, because I haven't played GH. I bought my ex the old games for the PS2, but never played it. $100 is too much to drop on a game right now since I just bought a console, so maybe I'll try picking up a copy of III in a couple of months or whenever.

Yeah, the 20gb would be hard to find. The 60gb is still around, but just whatever is left in circulation.

I live in a cave then too, because I haven't played GH. I bought my ex the old games for the PS2, but never played it. $100 is too much to drop on a game right now since I just bought a console, so maybe I'll try picking up a copy of III in a couple of months or whenever.

yeah u should get it. i have 4 guitars so it never really interested me but man its fun...except when u know the song and one of the notes is bent in the song, i always want to bend the note too...but u cant really bend a button.lol buts it awesome!

Picked up Guitar Hero for the Wii...haven't touched it tho. But I do love the game...even tho I never owned it. Played GHII day and nite at my buddies house, so I knew I had to get 3. Altho, I kind of wish some songs from II made it over to III. Could only hope they fix the problems with download content for the Wii.

On a side note...anyone have problems with the GHIII guitars? It's popping up all over the net that at times button presses on the fret aren't registered and star powers occur at just the slightest movement.

dude!!!!! i love guitar hero dude... i just got guitar hero 3 before i came back to iraq and that crap is awsome dude. i got the KISS guitar cover for my guitar it's looks badass. but yea i didn't play guitar hero untill i got to iraq and they had it at the PX and thats all i did for the 1st week i was here. i would go up to the px everyday and play it. and honestly the more you play it the better you get at reall guitar cause i've seen my skills pick up fairly well these past couple of months from playing guitar hero 2. but yea... guitar hero 3 is a must have.

ive still yet to get a ps3 but im going to nxt week hopefully...and im defiantly getting GH3. everytime i go to the mall i play it at ebgames and then when i feel like ive been there for to long i go to the other end of the mall to gamestop and play it there.lol they all pretty much know me.haha im addicted

Archived