Well...I did it...

mahonda

Seeing as my job doesnt pay me enough, and I'm sick of my car being quiet and stock, I ordered a generic catback off of E-bay. $188.00 shipped...N1 "style". Once it gets here and its on, I'll post pics and sound clips hopefully so I can let everyone know how it is. It's only a temporary thing, until I can afford to get myself a real-deal N1 system. Feel free to leave feedback. Check back soon for pics! It's coming today...YAY! Hurry up Fed-Ex :thumbsup:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you ask me...a welded on muffler is gonna sound a lot worse than a full catback, regardless of how cheap it was...plus, i wont get the power gain from the muffler

ok...so the exhaust showed up...and for a $188 system i cant complain...so far... Ran into a slight problem taking off the stock system (rusty/rotten nuts at the catalytic converter)...so i rigged up the axleback for now...hehe. looks ok, and sounds pretty decent...and i can ALREADY feel a little quickness gain in the higher rpm range. so much for not gaining any power :happy:

The way i see it, It was not a bad investment To have mandrel bent pipes instead of real bad looking bent pipes that muffler shops love doing. You can always change the exhaust and add different ones Due to keeping your exhaust flanges. I hate going to muffler shops for them to do there $80 crappy 3 different size pipes they put on. I'm Not like all these cosmetic ricers on this forum that like to have no cat and some sh*t looking muffler job and think they can go fast.

The way i see it, It was not a bad investment To have mandrel bent pipes instead of real bad looking bent pipes that muffler shops love doing. You can always change the exhaust and add different ones Due to keeping your exhaust flanges. I hate going to muffler shops for them to do there $80 crappy 3 different size pipes they put on. I'm Not like all these cosmetic ricers on this forum that like to have no cat and some sh*t looking muffler job and think they can go fast.

WTF are you talking about?

he spent $188 on a crapty ass exhaust he didnt even need...that $188 would be a good chunk towards a GOOD exhaust system.

So we are all "cosmetic ricers" on this forum???

seriously i agree with EBP that crap is a waste and im sure its aTsuedo or something and id rather have a quiet car than a 200 dollar exhaust that in the long run eventually am gonna replace? thats weird when people do stuff like that

I can see that you are. Your missing your JDM drivers level badge on your car. Maybe He doesn't have the money to spend like you on a real cat-back. But he can also cut off the exhaust and add something like a Universal apexi WS And still keep his Exhaust Flanges(THE THINGS THAT BOLT YOUR EXHAUST TOGETHER) Without Cutting everything Off.

Seeing as my job doesnt pay me enough, and I'm sick of my car being quiet and stock, I ordered a generic catback off of E-bay. $188.00 shipped...N1 "style". Once it gets here and its on, I'll post pics and sound clips hopefully so I can let everyone know how it is. It's only a temporary thing, until I can afford to get myself a real-deal N1 system. Feel free to leave feedback. Check back soon for pics! It's coming today...YAY! Hurry up Fed-Ex :thumbsup:

It says in there that it was temporary until he could afford a nice exhaust system. I think it would be more wise to save that $188 towards a good exhaust rather than spend it on a cheap crapty one.

BTW, my car is far from JDM and also i don't have an exhaust sytem yet so know your facts before you assume

Well quit telling people what to buy if you don't have money yourself.

It says in there that it was temporary until he could afford a nice exhaust system. I think it would be more wise to save that $188 towards a good exhaust rather than spend it on a cheap crapty one.

BTW, my car is far from JDM and also i don't have an exhaust sytem yet so know your facts before you assume

IF your sponsored by APC. Tell them to send you one of there real crapty exhaust so you can cut and paste together.

You should have kept the $188 and put it towards a reputable exhaust system. That's almost halfway to a decent system.

While you may get lucky, chances are your eBay exhaust won't fit right. After getting it on, who knows how long it will actually last. Rushing into mods is not a good idea. Just save up until you can get decent parts, then you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

You should have kept the $188 and put it towards a reputable exhaust system. That's almost halfway to a decent system.

While you may get lucky, chances are your eBay exhaust won't fit right. After getting it on, who knows how long it will actually last. Rushing into mods is not a good idea. Just save up until you can get decent parts, then you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

thank you!!!

thats what i was trying to say the whole time

Archived