Hey Sup

HyPe

How's it goin, i'm just a guy trying to learn as much as possible about cars, and hope i can learn alot from u guys w00t

Btw, i kno it seems like an obvious choice but i'm wondering about a choice between fixing up a hand-me-down 6gen civic dx or an rsx type-s..

It looks like a "DuH!" but see i can fix up that civic and just swap the engine for relatively alot less than the rsx type-s..

Although the rsx-s is so badass.. so luxurious..

Anyways, i hope i can get some feedback from ppl? it'd be cool, thx ^^

depends on what you want. fixed up 6th gen civics are everywhere...rsx-s' arent.

welcome to the board mane!

welcome guy

actually rsx/rsx-s are spreading and will be spreading more... so more or less its not not because if its a trend or not.. its what you really want... whatever fits your needs man...

good luck

1st of all id like to welcome you to the forum! as for your question, i think it is a great question! you pointed out that you were thinking of taking the hand-me-down honda or buying a rsx-s. as these guys mentioned, its up to you. it also depends on your budget. me?? id go for the rsx-s and aftermarket parts for the rsx-s is developing as we speak! rsx-s are QUICK! but then again, you could also modify your parents/siblings civic to hang with domestics.

as i said before, its all on you bro...or sis?? are you a chick?? you cute?? pic? name? address? phone number? social security number? birth date? drivers license number? blood type? w00t

Well uh thanks for that enthusiastic post.. but i'm a guy..

Regardless, i still havent made up my mind for sure yet as i tend to switch around my plans alot cuz i'm that type of person

Also i have a bunch of other questions! w00t <--- That face is AWESOME!

1. What is bhp / whp and what's the difference between them?

2. What do strut and tower bars do? i heard they helped roll?

3. What does it mean that it helps ur car from "rolling" ?

4. Short shifters? They decrease shift time?

5. What's the function of headers? decrease backflow?

OK that's about it for now but i'll proally hav alot more questions later..

Thanks again tho!

i'll take a stab at some of those questions...

1. not sure about bhp/whp but dealer ratings (meaning flyhp) are around 115 for the dx and whats the rsx-s? 220?

2. strut/tower bars stiffen the chassis...improving steering response/sharpness. talk to jdm jackass about that.

3. "rolling" means body roll. body roll is bad because it shifts the weight of the car over to the wheels its rolling towards (in a turn going right, the car would lean to the left - putting the weight balance on the left tires) this in turn makes them have to work harder to keep traction in a turn, therefore you have to go slower or run right off the road.

4. if you think they'll reduce your shift time, do it. i personally don't see a point in one unless your car has enough performance to get down the 1/4 at a decent time.

5. headers increase the flow of exhaust..giving more hp cause you can flow more air in/out of your engine (if you have the other common bolt-ons: intake, and exhaust). i've heard that out of all three common bolt-on's the header is where your gain the most hp out of a civic. not sure if its %100 yet because i haven't gotten headers...talk to s14silvia, floored blazer, or jdm jackass...they'll know more about headers.

Well uh thanks for that enthusiastic post.. but i'm a guy..

Regardless, i still havent made up my mind for sure yet as i tend to switch around my plans alot cuz i'm that type of person

Also i have a bunch of other questions! w00t <--- That face is AWESOME!

1. What is bhp / whp and what's the difference between them?

2. What do strut and tower bars do? i heard they helped roll?

3. What does it mean that it helps ur car from "rolling" ?

4. Short shifters? They decrease shift time?

5. What's the function of headers? decrease backflow?

OK that's about it for now but i'll proally hav alot more questions later..

Thanks again tho!

Get an Integra GSR, it will almost beat a RSX-S and cost 10-15,000 less. I'd say Type R, but your a n00b and wouldn't have the respect for it right now, no offense.

1. already answer in other thread

2. they stiffen your chassis so you will handle better, doesn't do anything against body roll, just stiffens your chassis so you get better grip/handling.

3. ignore that

4. in a hydro tranny car, it is a shorter shift stick. makes the shift throw shorter (how far you move shifter).

5. headers are for v/w engines and boxer engines only (v4, v6, v8, etc), a header is for an inline engine they allow more air to flow out of the engine and alter the sound a little, add a few whp.

Archived