E3: Game of Show  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think deserves best game at E3?

• Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
    • Bioshock (Xbox 360/PC)
    • Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
    • Metriod Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo Wii)
    • Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii)
    • KillZone 2 (Playstation 3)
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 (Playstation 3)
    • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3/X360)
    • Assasin's Creed (PS3/X360)
    • Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3/X360)
    • Resident Evil 5 (PS3/X360)
    • Guitar Hero III (PS3/X360/Wii)
    • Rock Band (PS3/X360/Wii)
    • Video games suck...get a life!

So last night I watched the Microsoft E3 Keynote and I spent today watching Nintendo's and Sony's E3 Keynotes at work...and I have come to the conclusion, as much as I love my Wii and upcoming games like Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy...I want to play Call of Duty 4, Resident Evil 5, Asssassin's Creed, and GTA IV. Not to mention 360 Exclusives Halo3 and BioShock and PS3 Exclusives Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5 and KillZone 2.

Lots of sequels in that bunch...interesting. ANYHOW, with all these killer apps vying for your money, which do you think deserve's E3's Best Game of Show?

FFXIII, lol... no idea if they showed anything, but was reading up on some of the latest in EGM the other day.

GTAIV also.

My two reasons for purchasing a PS3 in the next couple of months ($100 price drop was nice ;)).

LOL. I forgot to vote....but I voted for Mario Galaxy...Nintendo fanboy at heart I guess, but this looks to be the best Mario game outside of Super Mario 3. I mean come on...Mario in a Bee suit? How can you compete? LOL.

LOL. I forgot to vote....but I voted for Mario Galaxy...Nintendo fanboy at heart I guess, but this looks to be the best Mario game outside of Super Mario 3. I mean come on...Mario in a Bee suit? How can you compete? LOL.

Some of the stuff in Super Paper Mario was pretty funny.. giant Mario, pill pals... although the Paper Mario games are a different league I suppose.

I've heard some very interesting things about the new Metroid game. If anyone has played RE4 Wii Edition they know how satisfying those controls can be for a shooter, and this is reputed to have redefined even that. Wish I had a Wii now, but at least my friends do.

Yah Paper Mario is definetly a whole 'nother beast...not so much the traditional platformer.

RE4 for the Wii is awesome...so much better control-wise, IMO. Metroid Prime will surely deliver...

Anyhow, CRG you might want to save up a little faster for that $499 PS3. Apparently, Sony has stopped the production of 60GB PS3s. What that means, just like the 20GB models at the $499 price point, they will dissapear once all of Sony's stock of 60GB models are sold. When that happens we are either stuck with the $599 80GB Emotion Engine less PS3 Bundle or there'll be a second price drop for that model. I'm hard pressed to either buy now or just suffer less backwards compatibility later on...*sigh*

Yah Paper Mario is definetly a whole 'nother beast...not so much the traditional platformer.

RE4 for the Wii is awesome...so much better control-wise, IMO. Metroid Prime will surely deliver...

Anyhow, CRG you might want to save up a little faster for that $499 PS3. Apparently, Sony has stopped the production of 60GB PS3s. What that means, just like the 20GB models at the $499 price point, they will dissapear once all of Sony's stock of 60GB models are sold. When that happens we are either stuck with the $599 80GB Emotion Engine less PS3 Bundle or there'll be a second price drop for that model. I'm hard pressed to either buy now or just suffer less backwards compatibility later on...*sigh*

Yeah, the only downside of SPM is waaaay too much talk. I don't care for talk in a Mario game, but gameplay is fun, and funny.

I'm not too worried about the PS3. If I end up having to pay another $100 for the 80gig, then so be it. Yeah, I'd rather take advantage of the price drop but we'll see what happens. My money has a lot more places to go before I worry much about a console at this point. Then again, who knows how well the price drop will take. I don't foresee them flying off the shelves just from that, it's still too pricey for the general public. Add in that a lot of people prefer the ridiculous 360 (although who knows how the recent admittance of guilt is going to go over, especially since that will most likely ensure they lose the case against them regarding the scratched discs), and the Wii is still not sitting on shelves.

the two games im most amped about is Call Of Duty 4, and Killzone 2

But there are a slew of other titles im looking forward too. .

PS3 - Haze, Turok, Need For Speed: ProStreet, LAIR, Assassins Creed, Heavenly Sword, GT5, Skate, SOCOM, MGS, Little Big Planet, Home, Unreal Tournament

PC - Starcraft 2

Wii - Smash Bros., Metroid

PSP - God Of War

One of the original versions was, which was why Rockstar came out with the London expansion pack just to go the extra mile to piss off the brits that banned the game in the first place. Apparently more level headed people prevailed and the useless ban was lifted.

GTA IV for 360 FTW (downloadable content not available on PS3)

They paid 50m for that exclusive content . . . but im sure nobodies going to run out and buy a 360 just to have a GTA with different content if they already own one of the other consoles. . especially not with the 360's red ring of death and scratching disks left and right

Archived