B16A 92-95 (SiR-II) what does "SiR" stand for?

Si means "sports injection", the first civic to be fuel injected was badged Si. siR is jdm, not available here, we just have Si. its pretty much the highest trim civic you can get. example: cx, vx, dx, si for 92-95 civic hatchbacks. if you dont know what the "R" stands for then youre lame.

SI stands for special issue.. not sports injection

i couldnt tell if you were being sarcastic or not.

wrong

read this, 5th paragraph.

special issue my golden brown ass. dont doubt my knowledge, dammit.

Heard of Sports Injectied before...

...never heard Special Issue.

As for what it means with your engine code, it differentiates what kind of engine it is like it's generation and if it's a JDM or OEM engine.

As for what it means with your engine code, it differentiates what kind of engine it is like it's generation and if it's a JDM or OEM engine.

Yeah. The B16A was the "type r" motor of the 92-95 civics. (Rather than Type R, they're SiR models). The II is because it's the second generation. Unlike USDM engines, most JDM engines don't follow with a number. The 88-91 civic/crx sir also had a B16A (referred to as B16A SiR I).

that doesnt make any sense that it would be called a sports injected civic.

it's not specially injected at all.

its the special issue civic.

GI= general issue like GI Joe

SI= special issue like my car is a civic SI.

they gave that title for the first fuel injected civic and i guess it stuck but they only badged the top of the line civic si. theres nothing special about an em1, just an ex with a b16. oooh, big deal.

way to go. billy knows better then honda itself.

it is funny that such an outdated acronym is still used to identify the vehicle though.

No, it makes perfect sense. Did you read the article that Nancy linked to? It explains it right there.

If we wanna make up names for what the Si means, I'm gonna go with "Swimsuit Issue" since I always liked those more than "special issues."

alright.. because 1 website sides with her, its now true.

not just one website but the whole honda community with people who know there sh*t sides with me.

It means nothing. Its just the option code for your ram air hood.

Well, it is actually the package option; the 17" wheels, the ram air hood, the raised air box, the "upgraded" suspension, and the badging. I can't really remember much more then that, but I almost would put money on that there was a meaning behind WS6.

The ws6 has no actual meaning in reference to an acronym (similar to hondas eg, ek, and so on. They might be sequential numbers, but have no acronym meaning). You are right, the WS6 is now the id number for a group of similar options. It meant more on the older cars as the upgrades improved the car much more over the stock offering. Now the WS6 is the ram air setup, some upgraded wheels, extra plastic and a stiffer suspension. the numbers were just id numbers and had no specific meaning. look it up if you want.

it goes back to 79' i believe. It stuck cause saying it was kind of cool. The original WS6 packaged turned an otherwise gutless ride into something truly desirable, but now its lost a lot of its true meaning. I mean come on, they offered a WS6 package on the Fiero even!?

+1

EBP_EM1=FAIL

I havent been able to stand you since you joined.

f*cking retard.

you know nothing. you whine like a baby and say useless things like FAIL or WRONG to make you feel better about your small cock.

being in the army should help your stupid ass die faster.

Nancy, I agree, i was wrong. I dont have a "sports injected" civic though. like you said, its a b16 in a civic coupe with a pretty color.

Archived