B16A 92-95 (SiR-II) what does "SiR" stand for?

I actually just got some ebay blackout vinyl in the mail today. Gonna see how it looks tomorrow. If I don't like it then I'll shell out the cash to get the right stuff, but this was pretty cheap so I gave it a shot.

What happened to yours? I thought the black targa top and blacked tails with only the whites showing looked great on your car. You just got tired of it?

Are you kidding? The thread was answered right away. I don't see how arguing about whatever we want the Si to stand for is keeping it on topic. As far as I'm concerned this thread improved when we started discussing JDMGSR's del sol.

When we started discussing his Del Sol Billy started running his mouth and the two of them got into a bitchfight like they always do.

When we started discussing his Del Sol Billy started running his mouth and the two of them got into a bitchfight like they always do.

Not interested in a internet "bitch" fight, an MMA or street fight is a different story. But, the kid is under age and I will never see him.

John I got tired of the smoked tail lights because I was getting harrassed by the local pd. I have the set in the garage and I was actually thinking of giving them to you. The only problem is that the used pair I bought have a small chip in the corner.

I tried to take off the smoked paint on the originals but the paint will not come off.

I just got an idea, do you want to trade your stocks for my smoked. I will send mine to you first to see if you like them. If not, just send em back. If you do just send me your stocks.

Pm if you are interested.

John I got tired of the smoked tail lights because I was getting harrassed by the local pd.

i hate the f*cking signal hill cops, they profile you so bad. those frackfaces stopped me for an hour for a loud muffler and then after i got my ticket the basturd hits on me.

ok everybody has put thier 2 cents in n it just needed to be put together SI is sport injected n no were not supposed to have the SIR but some people are lucky enugh to get them shipped over here but the R means its right hand drive exactly y we dont have them here there was never a need for them so all in all its sport injected right hand drive...

lol thats one of the stupidest things i've read today.

Canada has SIRs..

they're not RHD.

+1 ....R = RHD... :rolleyes:

R stands for race/racing if anything

ok everybody has put thier 2 cents in n it just needed to be put together SI is sport injected n no were not supposed to have the SIR but some people are lucky enugh to get them shipped over here but the R means its right hand drive exactly y we dont have them here there was never a need for them so all in all its sport injected right hand drive...

damn dude, you are a f*cking dumbass. the "R" means "Retarded" in your case. then how come theres no siL's here in the states? when i thought i heard it all, this f*cker proves me wrong.

Si is short for "sport injection." The R is for "Racing." There is your lesson in JDM for the day.

fixed it for you.

We look back at the evolution of the sportiest Civic.

by Justin Kaehler

February 10, 2006 - Honda's Civic Si has come back from the dead and is poised to reclaim its throne as the king of all sport compacts. Everyone that has taken the latest hopped-up Civic for a spin agrees that it is one of the best and sportiest cars that Honda has ever built. If you read our review of the car (and shame on you if you haven't), you'd know that we whole-heartedly agree.

The story of the Civic Si is only 20 years old, but this is the car that single-handedly kicked off the whole import/tuner scene. No seriously... if it wasn't for the wild success of the Civic Si within the tuner scene, we wouldn't have things like The Fast and the Furious, Need for Speed: Underground or even D1.

With the Civic Si being such an important part of the tuner scene, we thought we'd take a minute and look back at the history of this impressive vehicle.

1985-1987 Civic Si

A lot of good things happened in 1985: Back to the Future opened in theatres, the Nintendo Entertainment System hit store shelves and uber-hottie Keira Knightley was born. 1985 was also the year the Civic Si hit U.S. streets.

Based on the already sporty Civic "S" model, the Si gave the Civic's 1.5-liter powerplant some much-need fuel injection. (FYI: the "S" stands for "sport", so "Si" stands for "sport injection".) Honda's economy car was now making an unheard-of (at the time) 91 horsepower. Suspension tuning was done on this sporty Civic so that the chassis' potential would match that of the engine.

I wanted to stop this thread a couple posts back as it has degraded into flame baiting off-topicness...but I was at work and couldn't do it. So now I have the chance. OP's question was answered and it should have stayed at that.

Archived