1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe

ForeseenPurpose

My sister recently lowered her car with some coilovers she bought (nothing expensive, they were pretty cheap...don't know what brand either). Now everytime i'm on the road the car is VERY BOUNCY, i mean it's ridiculous on how bouncy it is, does anyone know why? or how to not make it bouncy? and someone told me she should put a camber kit on some other forum, but is that necessary? and i went to tire kingdom to take it to get an ailignment and they said they cant do it because it's lowered and because the tires are caved in a little bit. Anyone know where i can take it to get aligned?

im assuming they are just some cheapo coilovers from like ebay or something. if so, thats the problem right there.

the only way to get rid of the bounce honestly is to probably get rid of them. the spring rate in those things are terrible.

and yes, a camber kit is a good idea when lowering the car. but it will not take away the bounce.

im assuming they are just some cheapo coilovers from like ebay or something. if so, thats the problem right there.

the only way to get rid of the bounce honestly is to probably get rid of them. the spring rate in those things are terrible.

and yes, a camber kit is a good idea when lowering the car. but it will not take away the bounce.

First off, thanks for the reply..i was beginning to think no one would be able to offer any help. But LOL yes that's exactly where she got them from. so her best bet would be to get entirely different coilovers?(i'm sure she wont mind getting rid of the other ones, they were not expensive at all, not even close). any recommendations? she is only 18 so she is on a budget. she doesn't want some extremely expensive coilovers, just wants her car to be lowered without the bounce. The other guy asked if she had the stock struts, yes she does. if i put aftermarket shocks & struts, would that stop the bounce?

First off, thanks for the reply..i was beginning to think no one would be able to offer any help. But LOL yes that's exactly where she got them from. so her best bet would be to get entirely different coilovers?(i'm sure she wont mind getting rid of the other ones, they were not expensive at all, not even close). any recommendations? she is only 18 so she is on a budget. she doesn't want some extremely expensive coilovers, just wants her car to be lowered without the bounce. The other guy asked if she had the stock struts, yes she does. if i put aftermarket shocks & struts, would that stop the bounce?

How did it ride before the coilovers were installed? If there was no bounce, then she can pick up a set of lowering springs for around $100 or so and stick with those until she has the money to go with a full coilover setup.

How did it ride before the coilovers were installed? If there was no bounce, then she can pick up a set of lowering springs for around $100 or so and stick with those until she has the money to go with a full coilover setup.

before she had her coilovers installed it was all stock suspension. so having lowering springs instead of some cheap coilovers will eliminate the bounce?

before she had her coilovers installed it was all stock suspension. so having lowering springs instead of some cheap coilovers will eliminate the bounce?

Just because it was stock doesn't mean it didn't need to be replaced. If it rode fine before the coilovers, then go ahead and try the springs. You're not going to get a smooth ride like you would stock, but you won't be bouncing down the road.

Just because it was stock doesn't mean it didn't need to be replaced. If it rode fine before the coilovers, then go ahead and try the springs. You're not going to get a smooth ride like you would stock, but you won't be bouncing down the road.

ok, but yeah it rode just fine on the stock suspension..guess i'll let her know to try some lowering springs.

ok, but yeah it rode just fine on the stock suspension..guess i'll let her know to try some lowering springs.

yeah, a reputable manufacturer also. she can get a decent set for between $100-200.

Archived