my one noob question of the year

Nancy

so i picked up this 95 civic cx hatchback with only 87000 miles. i know they come with a d-series 1.5 of some sort. my question is are they usdm d15b's stamped as only "d15b"? cause thats what engine it has right now. i know the majority of usdm honda engines have a number at the end of the engine code where as jdm one dont. i know theres the jdm d15b vtec but is there a jdm d15b non vtec because the valve cover just says honda. oh yeah, and its a canadian honda, i ran a carfax and it came up as manufactured in canada.

thanks guys, nancy

Its like some D16Z6s that just dont say VTEC on the valve cover, if in fact it is a jdm D15B then it just doesnt have a VTEC stamped vc

D15B came in Japanese market only came in 1991-1999 civic Vti

Though there is a VTEC(OBD1) version and 3 stage VTEC(OBD2)

Is there a VTEC solenoid?

I don't pay much attention to D15's, but I'm fairly certain that it should have a number after it if it is a USDM engine. The Canada manufacturing shouldn't make any difference, as most (if not all) of the 92-95's I've seen have been manufactured in Canada, while all of the 4th gen Civics / 2nd gen CRX's are marked "Honda of Japan".

Well, the stock 1992-1995 engines are D15B7, D15B8, and D16Z6. I believe there may be another. I believe the B7 is the one that is around 90hp, the B8 is the one around 70hp, then you got the VTEC one from the Si. That's definetly not the stock motor if it doesn't have a code.

As CRG said, check for a selenoid.

d15b7 is the one I have in my car, it is a whopping 105hp, buddy! Don't short me on those extra 15 horses, I need all the help I can get !!!

B18C1=integra gsr

B18C5=integra type R

B18B1=integra ls gs or rs

Way to live up to your user name...

...in Japan, the B18C is the code for a Type-R and a GS-R. In America, it is B18C1 and B18C5.

its a replacement JDM engine someone put in it nancy , for whatever reason. if all the code reads is D15B , than its JDM. and it is definitely a VTEC engine. almost the exact same head as a D16Z6.

Archived