Front lips...

Hey,

Not sure what I should do, a few people said keep my lip, but I am 99.9% ready to switch over to another. I would love the Backyard Special Carbon Fiber Lip, but that is a lot of money for something that is going to, in the end, get messed up. So, should I keep this...

Mugen WWRS Lip (Replica)

1.jpg

...or should I get this...

Mugen V3 Carbon Fiber Lip (Replica)

140.jpg

...or do you have other options? I don't want to spend over $250, I found someone who said they would buy my lip for $75, which is what I paid for it new. I think the other lip looks more aggressive, plus it will match a lot more down the road. I already have the VIS OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hood, I am picking up a Spoon Style Carbon Fiber Duckbill Spoiler tonight, and I want to get the OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hatch and Spoon Style Carbon Fiber Mirrors. What do you guys think?

-Rob

That's what I figured. Plus, it will match a lot better. The OEM side skirts and the Civic SiR lip are the only "basic" non-carbon fiber pieces I won't have, so it should work out better. I could get carbon fiber side skirts and the SiR or Type-R style rear lip in carbon fiber, but that's a little over board. Plus, the side skirts are expensive!

That's what I figured. Plus, it will match a lot better. The OEM side skirts and the Civic SiR lip are the only "basic" non-carbon fiber pieces I won't have, so it should work out better. I could get carbon fiber side skirts and the SiR or Type-R style rear lip in carbon fiber, but that's a little over board. Plus, the side skirts are expensive!

i think thatd be pretty neat, especially your car being white. but expensive yes. damn CF.

his car is red.

the white car is one of jdmcrap's janky ass model cars.

oh yeah, durh. i was thinking for a while and saying... i swear his sig used to have a red hatch in it lol. well good b/c it looks nice on the red anyway.

that 1st pic doesn't do your lip now any justice....

you need to post a pic of your car with that lip, because I like your lip now a lot more than that CF one...and CF is gonna suck when you mess it up lol.

I cried when I cracked my seibon cf mugen front lip on my EJ6.

well.

not really. but it was close. i heard it. "CRUNCH"..to which I responded with "OOOH, f*ck!"

And, yes. The carbon lip on red looks awesome.

Well that's the reason I don't want to spend the money on a $500+ Backyard Special Carbon Fiber Lip. Sure, it's baller as hell, but I'd cry when it gets messed up. $230 isn't that big of a deal and it will last a bit, mine isn't too bad and I learned the roads on it, it's much different now that I know the roads with the lip. I barely scrape it anymore. I'll post one of my hatch in a few.

I'd say to just hold onto what you have for now, and put the money towards something else. When you run out of things to do with it, then you can always look into "upgrading" to a CF lip.

it's just a lip so CF or not!

If you are going CF other parts, then I guess CF lip would go with those...but the pic of your car with the current lip is HOT! your car is just too good! I want it! lol exchange+ with mine at HF meet? :D I know you aren't selling it but eh, shot in the dark!

Archived