Interior ideas..

GsrCrx

Alright the summer is comming and its about time I start putting together this crx..

I have no carpet for it, the seats are semi crappy and all of the rear plastic pieces in the "trunk" area are shredded to pieces for what was a rear sway bar...

So I have decided, Im going to be re doing the entire interior with all new pieces and seats and was looking for some color combonations, or just diffrent panels and stuff that would accent the interior and make it look really nice..

So far I have thought of some Ideas, a black carpet with grey interior plastic pieces and a grey dashboard that I came across, as far as seats, I was thinking something like the black leather gsr seats with the red stitching and the shift boot to match...

Another Idea I came up with is instead of the black carpet, get a grey one... I dont want to have too much black... The car will already be black, along with the engine bay and I will have gunmetal rims...

I decided that if im going with the black and grey interior, I want to paint the side moldings and rear view mirror housings grey, just to give it another color to go along with the gunmetal rims...

If you guys have any opinions, ideas, criticisms, or whatever... Lemme know this is just a start and Im looking for some good ideas to get the interior of the crx looking awesome...

personally i dont really like grey interiors but i dont really know what yours looks like. i just finished mine this weekend, now basically everything is black suede and red velvet

[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

(says pimpin for those who cant read)

Since you will be getting all the plastic pieces for the car, It would be best to just take advantage and paint them. I would say go BLACK, gray is too stock and wont look like a upgrade. The seats will match but not sure about the red stitching might throw it off.(But good looking seats) maybe go wih gray and black bucket seats the black inside will make them stand out along with changing out the steering wheel to match the seats and the shift boot too. Painting a few parts on the inside gray like the speaker grill and other small vents if done right will look good but dont go crazy might look rice if too much is done. Try going Black/Gray/Carbon Fiber.. Just my 2 cents.

I personally wouldn't go gray, but then I flat-blacked all of the panels in my CRX's interior because I hated the gray that was paired up with it.

Get some JDM power windows, and take one of my sets of door panels off my hands :- haha

Im not too worried about the car looking like its had an upgrade, I just want a super clean CRX that is nice...

I thought about the power windows thing, I figured it would be kinda pricey... and I dont even know where I would start looking for them, probably ebay...

I think im going to go with the black carpet and seats, and just try to get some of the greyish interior panels... I think that painted vents and the door handle inserts is kinda ricey, so I probably wont do that...

Anybody else have any other ideas for the interior, anything you have seen that looks good or whatever?

i usually have a million and one ideas spewing from my mind when it comes to interiors... but then again, ive never not had the car in front of me either.

i'd say not to go too overboard with the black- especially if the exterior is black. if everything's solid black, it becomes monotonous & tends to make a car look more like a hearse than anything else. tiny details, such as piping/stitching/embroidery in the seats, changing the led's colour & diamond plate floormats can break up the black up nicely though.

Im not too worried about the car looking like its had an upgrade, I just want a super clean CRX that is nice...

I thought about the power windows thing, I figured it would be kinda pricey... and I dont even know where I would start looking for them, probably ebay...

I think im going to go with the black carpet and seats, and just try to get some of the greyish interior panels... I think that painted vents and the door handle inserts is kinda ricey, so I probably wont do that...

Anybody else have any other ideas for the interior, anything you have seen that looks good or whatever?

I say instead of grey go with some small red accents, like black seats with red stitch and shift boot with red stitch. I know painted interior is a bit rice but it can look good if done right.

I have a few pics, you guys can hate if you want I dont really care.

My speaker covers

P3201942.jpg

Center console, dont mind the ebrake boot thats a temp.

P3201940.jpg

Center console and dash, though the dash is kinda f***ed up and i have a spare which i will be putting in.

P3201944.jpg

Sorry for the huge pics guys.

Thats pretty bad a$s 8MügeNcRX9*DuB. Funny I have the same layout for the inside of my rex. You solved my rearspeaker cover porblem. :) looks good. Not rice at all. (maybe just the seat covers) lo . over all looks good. why dont other HF guys/girls post up pics of there interior maybe give him a idea of the work after its done. I'll post up mine when I get the car back today. (FINALY!!) . o and where did you pick up the paint everyone in town is out. all they have is caliper paint but wont paint them till I get my rims.

And some red here and there would look good just not on the seats alone.

The seat covers are better than the massive holes in the seats, and until i can buy new ones those get the job done. At first I was going to paint the upper part of the doors red too to match the lines but it might be too much so I may go with all black door panels.

Oh and the paint is spray paint from Walmart. Just took my time , made sure i washed all the oils and residues from cleaners on all the parts let them dry. primed everything with nice even coats and finished with nice event coats.

My CRX interior is painted... flat black...

Do you have any pics?? Im replacing my dash and I dont like the grey stripe that wraps around down onto the door panels and was considering a flat black.

Its more of a taste thing I guess, I would rather something more subtle... I was thinking of putting more red in it, I just couldent figure out where I would like it, I was thinking in the shift boot, mayble floormats or something...?

The seats I gave a little more thought, and I have seen a nice set of grey cloth (I think?) recaros, I was thinking that would take away from all of the black... That and if I can get my hands on a grey interior for it..

Do you have any pics?? Im replacing my dash and I dont like the grey stripe that wraps around down onto the door panels and was considering a flat black.

I'll try to get some pics at some point tomorrow. The interior is a mess (only half in, if you even want to say "half", lol), but the dash is in haha... the headliner for the glasstop and my japanese sunvisors are black, so i got rid of the ugly grey and did all of the panels black... except the door panels. Have three sets here, have to decide how I'm going about using the ones I want to use.

It's your car, do what you want. I don't design my vehicle for others.

Im not trying to design this for anybody... I just want some feedback on what people think of my ideas

Well this is what I did with my door panels...I painted them:

Before:

doorbefore1.jpg

After:

doorafter1.jpg

I liked it at first but now I hate it. I will be redoing the interior soon, but this time with vinyl and more black than grey(basically the reverse) It held up pretty good for a while, but no matter how well you prep it, it will still peel.

GsrCrx, as you can see, I am a fan of the black and grey, but for you I would go with the black and red. I would get the black carpet and get the black seats with the red stitching and other little red accents.

Archived