My newest addition...

Rev limiters prevent bent valves...:thumbsup:

not when you mis shift into a lower gear they won't.....

EDIT: lol.... i'm dumb.... I totally skipped over your post compuvision......

yeah, what he said....

does anyone make something like the z-gate shifters for hondas? pretty bad ass device, but not so practical for a dd as it would get annoying real fast. would definitely limit the 3-2 issues though :)

does anyone make something like the z-gate shifters for hondas? pretty bad ass device, but not so practical for a dd as it would get annoying real fast. would definitely limit the 3-2 issues though :)

Are you talking about the type of "plate" that Ferraris and crap have? I thought about that, I think I asked someone and they said they did not make them. It'd be sort of cool to have.

Are you talking about the type of "plate" that Ferraris and crap have? I thought about that, I think I asked someone and they said they did not make them. It'd be sort of cool to have.

no, not a plate. It is a whole new shifter assembly. it only goes forward and backward, but each flip forward and backward moves the gear up one level. To go backwards you have to purposefully squeeze a trigger and flip the shifter back and forth with the trigger held down. I guess a better term for it is a ratchet shifter. Very common item for domestic muscle cars, I am suprised no company has started making them for tuners yet.

Here is a link to a whole page full of them for domestics: Ratchet Shifters

btw, what is the recommended psi for those tires?

lets invent the mechanical rev limiter pyro , lol. well make it so the tranny will pop the car out of gear if car revs past a certain set point , for example the infamous 3-2 shift , lol.

Or how about it locks up the wheels so that the idiot who does a 3-2 shift hits their head on the steering wheel, lol. it also adds some negative reinforcement to learning how to shift well. haha. wow i'm bored.

Eh, 3-2 shifting isn't always because the person can't drive, it just happens. When you are racing, you don't have the same feel as if you are just daily driving. I had no idea I was going into 2nd, because it flowed, no restriction or anything. When you shift hard and fast, anything can happen, regardless of your ability to drive. I personally gave pressure toward me, which made me go into 2nd instead of 4th, but it felt like 4th.

Eh, 3-2 shifting isn't always because the person can't drive, it just happens. When you are racing, you don't have the same feel as if you are just daily driving. I had no idea I was going into 2nd, because it flowed, no restriction or anything. When you shift hard and fast, anything can happen, regardless of your ability to drive. I personally gave pressure toward me, which made me go into 2nd instead of 4th, but it felt like 4th.

it would still be freakin hilarious to watch, hahaha

lol used to do that stuff on purpose in the rail, and it would howl the rear tires. (on pavement)

the engine sucked so much of a vacuum that it would only rev up to a certain point when down shifting, then after that, it would force the tires to slow down, even if the car didn't want to.

I know exactly what you mean, but as soon as I let off the clutch my foot was right back on. I was lucky. My car wont let you shift down like that either if your RPMs are too high. Honestly I think its just do to shifting super F*cking fast. I'm getting a short shift adapter.

Also I am not a big fan of small wheels but those look good on your car, (nice car) and I like the OEM CF hood.:thumbsup:

I know exactly what you mean, but as soon as I let off the clutch my foot was right back on. I was lucky. My car wont let you shift down like that either if your RPMs are too high. Honestly I think its just do to shifting super F*cking fast. I'm getting a short shift adapter.

Also I am not a big fan of small wheels but those look good on your car, (nice car) and I like the OEM CF hood.:thumbsup:

So did I, just didn't save it. A few bent valves led to my new valvetrain and camshafts.

My car won't let me downshift at a certain RPM either, if I tried to go into second at 7000 in 3rd, it will restrict it, when I am shifting normally. You start banging gears for races and it "snaps" like a twig and you are in 2nd.

Thanks for the comments man.

it would still be freakin hilarious to watch, hahaha

Are you serious dude? I really hope you 3-2 shift WHEN you get a car, IF you get a car, and I can laugh in your face when you have to tear your head apart. Lucky me, one of my best friends is a mechanic and had my head apart that night; lucky me, I got money fronted to me to fix the valves and some; unlucky you, seems like you'd be S.O.L. from the way things are going at this point with you and your "car deal." What's been up with you lately? All these smart ass comments and wise cracks.

Archived