My newest addition...

Oh, crap. Forgot they were HX rims.

Didn't even notice the M/T emblems on them. I'm looking to buy some draglites and slicks for my T/A. I won't worry about the rear end taking a crap until I put it on a healthy bottle with h/c/i lol.

They look good, though.

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Those 10 bolts tend to take a crap with slicks, even drag radials, with the T56 transmissions. I had a 4L60E in my Trans Am, I could have went 11's with slicks on a rear with over 100,000 miles on it and not have a worry. T56's are lucky to go without breaking while stock on slicks. I guess if you don't launch it high, but you have the capability to, unlike 4L60E's were the stall maxes out at like 1,700 and starts to spin.

And did you get your Trans Am back? Or what happened? I lost track.

Law found it while going to try and hunt down a guy they had a warrant for.

Turns out it wasn't far away from home at all. Only sitting on blocks. Exhaust and rims were gone.

I assume when you say T56, you're referring to launch capabilities due to it's being six-speed? The tranny itself is pretty beefy, or so I've read.

Yeah, I'm talking about how you can launch it anywhere you want. My car could have got 1.8 60' times, but only 2.0's since I was automatic and could launch higher then like 1700. If I could have taken it higher, on drag radials, I would have pulled 1.8's and went low 12's instead of mid 12's. I wish I kept it though; 3500 stall, LS1 hot cam, a 150 wet shot, and slicks; 10's.

Yes..

Motor mods are about to commence on mine. I'm hoping I can pick up a video camera along the way.

But, getting back on track. What size slicks did you end up going with?

Wow. That was dumb. Do not compare ANY of Ford's components to Chevrolet/GM's.

GM motors>Modular motors.

GM transmissions>Ford Transmissions.

Sure, pushrod is outdated. But pound for pound it's probably the heaviest hitter on the market.

The only Mustang's equipped with the T5 transmission were the 94/04 V6's, 87/95 5.0's, and a handful of the pre-87 5.0's. The V6 tranny was pathetic, weak gears and all, 5.0 was a bit beefier. Now the T45 found in the 96/98's and the Tremec 3650 found in the 99/04 GT's were a lot better. But, the 4R70W was..AWFUL..AWWWWWWFUL transmission..automatic..gay.. As were the AOD, and AOD-E model trannies.

Buuuuuuuut I'm not hijacking this thread. Sorry Rob.

Wow. That was dumb. Do not compare ANY of Ford's components to Chevrolet/GM's.

GM motors>Modular motors.

GM transmissions>Ford Transmissions.

Sure, pushrod is outdated. But pound for pound it's probably the heaviest hitter on the market.

The only Mustang's equipped with the T5 transmission were the 94/04 V6's, 87/95 5.0's, and a handful of the pre-87 5.0's. The V6 tranny was pathetic, weak gears and all, 5.0 was a bit beefier. Now the T45 found in the 96/98's and the Tremec 3650 found in the 99/04 GT's were a lot better. But, the 4R70W was..AWFUL..AWWWWWWFUL transmission..automatic..gay.. As were the AOD, and AOD-E model trannies.

Buuuuuuuut I'm not hijacking this thread. Sorry Rob.

A transmission built by Borg Warner, whether it's in a Ford or GM, is the same thing. It was a 90 5 litre, and the thing was crap.

Okay. Whatever you say. That's why GM doesn't use Borg Warner in a majority of their vehicles.

Most likely. I just wish Ford had figured it out sooner.

22.0/8.0/15's.

Nice. Fairly wide ..then again, you aren't running a full blown drag car. I'd imagine you're looking forward to breaking them in, yes? Or are you wanting new axles prior to the first run? LOL.

They are already broken in, bought them used. I'm a little worried about my axles, but I'm going to be launching high, then work it down from there. Might fill them with a little more air so I don't hook as hard.

Because if you can drive, you don't really need one. Plus, swapped cars really shouldn't use them, hits the linkage. I can shift fast as f*ck if I want to, but it isn't worth the risk. I used to shift like crazy, some how 3-2 shifted and had to drop money to fix bent valves. I really don't feel like dealing with that again, just to shift a little faster.

Archived