"Double clutching"???

izzi b

I only read the first sentence on the long ass wik. explanation.

You usually double clutch when you are at low rpm in second third sometimes fourth.

For instance, you're driving down the street and some one pulls up next to you and you are at like 4.5. You can smash on the gas then press in the clutch so your rpm rise immediately then release the clutch. The whole thing takes less than a second to do. When the clutch grabs again you are at like 6 rpm.

Most of the time you can downshift but some times it is better to just double clutch.

I have used this technique in a close race and right before the finish line I would double clutch to make my car jump a fender ahead.

Double clutching is used in vehicles that don't have syncros. It gives the tranny time to slow down to engine speed so you don't grind the sh!t out of your gears. In our cars however, we have syncros so you don't need to do it. It just takes more time to shift if you do.

What you are talking about JDMGSR is called clutch stabbing. Usually used in drifting to rev the engine up so you can break the rear tires loose without down shifting.

double clutching is this, for example:

you want to shift into gear

Push in clutch-shift into nuetral

let rpms die down

push in clutch-shift into desired gear

if done properly, a person could double clutch in less than a second

its pointless in today's cars with syncromesh trannys, unless youre driving a semi, then you still double clutch.

Double clutching is used in vehicles that don't have syncros. It gives the tranny time to slow down to engine speed so you don't grind the sh!t out of your gears. In our cars however, we have syncros so you don't need to do it. It just takes more time to shift if you do.

Well said, the only time you would NEED to double clutch in your car was if one of your synchros started to go bad. However, if a synchro goes bad you should probably just have your trans rebuilt, or learn to drive. lol

double clutchin is somethin you also want to do if you have an aftermarket clutch, preferably if its stage 2 or higher. itll help so that the car doesnt jump forward when you are in lower rpms at a slow speed. and kegan you mean "clutch kick"

double clutching is used with vehicles that have dog cut gears (no syncros). mostly big rigs, buses, and heavy machinery.

why would you want to double clutch with an aftermarket clutch? you don't have to thats why your car has syncros.

Heel-toe is used for rapid downshift so it is smooth, that way the car doesn't jerk when you drop the clutch. Like rapid cornering.

You're stupid.

Maybe, but down here in Cali we call it double clutching.

i've been living at csulb for 2 years now and i've always heard it called clutch kicking?

wait didn't think that through, why would all the people be living in the dorms here if they already lived in LB. i've never seen you around anywhere? is the car in your profile pic not daily driven?

What you are talking about JDMGSR is called clutch stabbing. Usually used in drifting to rev the engine up so you can break the rear tires loose without down shifting.

actually what your thinking of is called clutch kicking, not trying to be a smart ass. just never heard it called stabbing before.

hate to be a thread jacker here but i can't heal toe worth a damn. my feet are juge and don't like to rotate like that. is there some special technique that i'm missing? i've tried it before and usually end up making downshifts rougher than if i was to just ease it out.

ease it out...lol

what the hell?? why do people think double clutching and heel toe serve the same purpose??

As far as I'm concerned, double clutching should only be done downshifting, if at all. That said, heel toe serves the same purpose, assuming the end goal is rev-matching.

When you heel-toe, you aren't actually turning your foot sideways. Brake with the ball of your right foot hanging on the edge of the pedal, and then twist (roll) your ankle and press the gas with the outside of the same foot. If you have huge feet, you're better off.

Have you ever actually driven a big rig? ( which is just about the only vehicle you have to do it in anymore) You have to double clutch to shift, everytime.

Heel toe once again is used for rapid braking most commonly in a tight corner, i.e drifting, road races.

Make sure you read this post so you can stop sounding retarded.

Archived