So, I remembered I laughed at how arrogant Helio was when they first came out. A group of us walked by a Helio table and someone asked, "What's Helio...?" and someone else in the group responded, "It's the Myspace Phone..." and then a rep came around the table, "It's not a Myspace Phone!!!" LOL...

One whole year later here I am with a Helio Ocean. This is a pretty awesome phone...if your into all the geeky gadgety stuff that you can do with a cellphone. I guess it would fall in between a Sidekick (being on the low end) and the Smartphone (being on the high end). So, you can surf the internet on Sprint's EV-DO network (since Helio leases their signal from Sprint) which is pretty fast. It's pretty good at connecting to e-mail accounts such as Yahoo! and GMail. It has a decent AIM program. And the multimedia (music and videos) stuff is alright at best. In the end, it does pretty much what I need out of a phone...on the go internet and access to my e-mail stuff. So hooray for that at a price cheaper than a smartphone...

Besides, I'm a sucker for a slider phone. I love 'em cause I can't stand flip phones.

P1020971.jpg

P1020972.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooo how much did THAT piece run you? This weekend I'm going to pickup one of those StarCom PPC-6700 phones. :) God I'll love having windows on my cell LOL.

Touch screen..slides down..I too, love sliders..and will NEVER own another Motorola product AGAIN.

19521226_640.jpg

Not to mention, it matches my car. LOL.

I'm considering buying one of these badass mofos.

n2.jpg

My V3x is just way too quiet. I have to jam it against my ear to hear anything.

I'm gonna let the first people who buy it deal with any bugs or problems with the phone. After it's been out for a little while, I'll most likely get it. If it lives up to all the hype that is.

i heard about the iphone a while back like in 2005 so i didnt buy an ipod and waste money...

i will most definitely get it when my contract breaks.

its like 499 for a 8gig with 2 year agreement

i'll wait until later though.

Yeah I have been wanting an ipod for some time but ill wait a while and pick one up. Its funny because before last year I knew nothing about apple now i love their products.

I'm gonna let the first people who buy it deal with any bugs or problems with the phone. After it's been out for a little while, I'll most likely get it. If it lives up to all the hype that is.

You shouldn't buy a new phone within the first 90 days of release.

Yeah I have been wanting an ipod for some time but ill wait a while and pick one up. Its funny because before last year I knew nothing about apple now i love their products.

Sounds like you should look into picking up a Mac now (if you haven't yet), and fall more in love :p

Sounds like you should look into picking up a Mac now (if you haven't yet), and fall more in love :p

Got one last summer and I do love it :D

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...i totally forgot about this thread. LOL. Phone costed about $200 for those that care...not bad. After the honeymoon, I think I miss my Sprint plan...prolly when my contract is up I'll hop back over to Sprint if they still have the SERO plans. If you're thinking of switching phone companies, Sprint's SERO plans are unbeatable. Anyhow, miss the plans but I love the phone. As I said, it pretty much does what I need a phone to do right now and has a pretty robust AIM app.

As for the iPhone I think I'd wait around until the thing gets updated cause as it is...it's not the greatest phone feature-wise other than being an overpriced Apple product. GSM networks aren't at the speed of Sprint and Verizon's EVDO networks and that just means this phone will run at dial-up speeds on average compared to Sprint/Verizon networks when searching the net, downloading e-mails, and other random data stuff. It doesn't even have GPS, so I guess that's one less data-hungry thing to worry about, lol. So until Cingular/ATT updates their networks to HSDP or whatever it is that they need to be equivalent or superior to EVDO, I'll sit this one out. I also would have to wait until they include an expandable memory slot on it...most of the phones coming out currently that dont have it are entry level phones. Technology-wise this phone would have been state of the art 5 years ago. So I'm not quite sold on the thing, maybe when it becomes more competitive with the phones it's targeted at, I'll take a look at it, but for now I think I'll just stay where I am.

why? it'll crash as soon as you turn it on, give you the blue screen of death, then crash again, and again, and again...

i just cant wait for the iPhone, Mac OSX on a mobile! its gonna be awesome! and will never crash! (ok ill probably end up eating my words on that last bit, but im heavily anti windows at the mo...fking hate it with a growing passion)

Bwaha.

My phone's performed and illegal action and must be shut down.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you check MySpace with it?!?!?!?!? Haha.

I wish I knew about this when I got my new phone.

sch-u740-4.jpg258.jpg

I don't like going to the actual stores, so my parents are nice enough to do it, and I told them what I wanted, but didn't really know of the other choices, indepth.

lg_vx8600.jpg

Archived