first race!!

97blackonblackcivic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and please, all of u asses dont be saying that your a ricer if you street race. i bet you every single one of you have done it at some point.

never have. and thats the honest truth.

(set up for a bash on the beetle.....i know its coming.....) :rolleyes:

on pimp my ride xzibit was talking about badass muscle cars, he said the 67 mustang, something vette, and the vw beetle....i was a bit confused, but if xzibit said it on pimp my ride, its gotta be true. GO BEETLES!

Not enough to make it even a high 14 car. I mean, I'm not saying you didn't beat one. It could've easily been a misbadged split-port V6 which are normally all over the 15 second zone, some in the 14's if they have all the bolt on's and gears.

an LS is not running a low 15 sec time. I have a GSR and i run a loq 15 high 14 sec, so his ls is easily in the 16's or even higher

Uh, a friend of mine pegged 14.97 in his '00 LS Integra.

They're easily capable of 14's with bolt on's and good driving. Could be your 'Teg is slow?

All I'm saying is if you wanna street race then street race. Dont start a thread saying you raced a mustang GT, then everyone calls you a ricer then you try and back out of it. Do you, be yourself! Damn if some guy pulls up to me on the street and its a race I want to take, and there are like no cops in sight I'll do it for damn sure. Its fun, the track is cool too but not as exciting to me really. Breaking the law is half the fun. But it sure as hell would suck to get your car taken away from you or to get cought. Unless you are just lying about the whole thing to get attention.

Uh, a friend of mine pegged 14.97 in his '00 LS Integra.

They're easily capable of 14's with bolt on's and good driving. Could be your 'Teg is slow?

thats hard for me to believe considering a stock type s runs a 14.8-9 and the registered track times for a stock LS is 16 flat so i dunno what bolt on's your friend had but it doesnt seem logical. i dont really care tho im not trying to get into a e-fight here

Type S running 14.8? Wow. People must not be able to drive where you're at. Our Type S's have been pounding the hell out of 14.2/14.3/14.4.

• 9 months later...
Uh. Take it from me.

Your relatively stock 15 second Acura Integra LS isn't going to be beating ANY Mustang except that of the naturally aspirated 4cyl models from 87/93. Ya MIGHT take an automatic/convertible/stock 5.0, and MAAAAAAYBE a ragged out pos convertible/auto/4.6 gt from 96/98.

And even then. You wouldn't SMOKE it.

yea exactly i drive a 95 LS and its not fast at all havn't had money to work on it but i ran like 10.21 with a k&n intake and i gotta friend who drives a 98 GT (4.6) for those who dont know and he has a cracked intake manifold siliconed up and he still outruns me.. not by much but he still out runs me. no way u smoked a GT sorry but not gonna happen in a stock LS. oh by the way. anyone know where i can get get a reasonably priced OEM clutch kit? im plannin on goin Vtec and runnin about 5-8 lbs of boost but i gotta get my tranny fixed to be able to go to work and back??? any suggestions?

He still has valid questions....

EDIT:

I like how people are supposed to search for stuff, but when they respond to it, it's a bad thing.

I understand when people post some stupid response, but if they still have questions on the same topic, then it should be ok.

Anyways, just google OEM clutch or go to a dealer. I don't know any sites specifically.

yeah just start a new thread, he was asking about getting a new clutch in a thread about a race from a year ago. i understand your point, but im just letting him know to pay attention to the dates because hes new to the forum.

Archived