Engine Swap

Silent Bob

Sure it'll fit. You can fit a stroked 350 if ya want, but will it work??? An S2000 is rear wheel drive. If you went through all the trouble of putting it in a del sol, you'd then have to convert to rwd. And it's not easy, I hear.

You can but it's not practical in a car like that. Just drop a B18 in the rear or if that is still too hard, drop it in the front. Some guy in Japan did it.

Yeah, Top Secret in Japan has a white del sol with a rear engine runnin 12's, or 11's. With all that work, that's not really worth it to me.

being the ONLY rear engine turbo b18c del sol anywhere isnt worth it to you yes, but it doesnt matter if its worth it to you does it? they built the car simply because they could.. not for the public. they build their projects to showoff their capabilities, not to inspire people in the US, who's car's dont cost as much as the transmissions in most of their cars.

then again you wouldnt put a fully built 3SGTE or a RB26DETT both boasting 700+whp into a MKiV Supra now would you.

I said it wouldn't be worth the trouble for me to do it. I think it's cool that they did that, and I know they are bad ass. I'm not saying they arent. I'm just saying, it's a lot of work and money for the 'average' person over here. Like you said, they built it cause they could, and that's pretty awesome that they do things like that. Calm down...

if u got da $ do it !!!

but it would be easyer to drop in an Integra or civic R engine instead

if you have a DEl SOl/CRX with a turbo'd or super charged Integra-R engine with a 250hp shot of nos and all sort of other need up grades u would somke an S2000 period.

if u got da $ do it !!!

but it would be easyer to drop in an Integra or civic R engine instead

if you have a DEl SOl/CRX with a turbo'd or super charged Integra-R engine with a 250hp shot of nos and all sort of other need up grades u would somke an S2000 period.

No, all S2000 parts belong on S2000's only.

You know what it is called when you turbocharge a Type R? Blasphemy. The same with nitrous, besides, the most you can do is a 200 shot, and with that much and a turbo, say bye bye to your engine.

S2000s aren't fast anyways.

Think before you speak, just a suggestion.

ok how about puttin a s2000 front end on a del sol?

I would kill you.

hehe..

ive seen a 5th gen civic front end conversion on a red CRX with S2000 taillights..i cant find the site somewhere..

yeah right after his diamond plate floor boards fly off! :laugh:

You know what it is called when you turbocharge a Type R? Blasphemy. The same with nitrous, besides, the most you can do is a 200 shot, and with that much and a turbo, say bye bye to your engine.

totally agree.

Archived