Its a sad day...

butta_269

On Sunday evening I was leaving my Mother in laws house to go home. It was drizzling outside, but by no means pouring rain. Needless to say I got caught in a severe thunderstorm and my CAI sucked in water. The shop determined that the damage is beyond repair and that the engine is hydrolocked. I have 00 Civic EX, and right now I dont have the money to replace the engine, because my wife and I are planning our church wedding. The car was in a accident previously and has leakage in the trunk. I am seriously considering getting rid of it and just getting another truck. Bad news is I only have six more payments on the car. :help:

Im afraid at this point the car is worthless unless I sell it.

duuude, you sure you can't spare lik $300-$500 for just a D15b7 longblock or something really cheap???

just temporary though, that 70 hp won't get you anywhere fast lol.

sorry to hear about your engine though, luckily for you D-series engines are a dime a dozen.

you could prolly report it to insurance and they would be able to fix it, i dunno how much your rates will go up though. although they might not cover it because you changed the intake. anybody know the rules on that?

insurance wont cover it if you change your intake and then go drive through a deep ass puddle and hydro lock your engine. no

eh, wrong...

We've changed 2 motors in a Prelude that this kid Hydrolocked his engine... insurance paid for both of them...

I suppose it depends on who your insurance is...

Well, that's encouraging.

It prolly also depends on your coverage.

Mine won't cover anything that's my fault, and this could pretty easily be pinned on the owner.

if damage is due to aftermarket parts , you can forget it.

I'm kinda shocked that insurance covers mechanical issues at all! However, presuming that I am wrong and hydrolocking is covered by some kind of weird accidental damge clause - it would depend on whether your insurance company covered you with the intake or not. At least in Canada and the UK if you make certain types of modifications you have to tell the insurance company. Insuring a modified car as stock could invalidate your cover altogether. If they have accept the modification it should be included in the normal insurance coverage.

eh, wrong...

We've changed 2 motors in a Prelude that this kid Hydrolocked his engine... insurance paid for both of them...

I suppose it depends on who your insurance is...

i want that kids insurance. I wonder what my insurance agent would say if I went to him asking for them to pay for another engine because I hydrolocked my engine for the second time.

Archived