carbon fiber....my new hobby

Carbon fiber is on backorder for a week, but yesterday I got my new vacuum pump! YEA!

DCP_3137.jpg

First think i'm going to try is making an intake. you guys are always saying how cheap these ebay short rams are, so I bought one so I could make a mold off of it. This one is for an 01-04 civic ex

sr-r-01-Civic-EX.jpg

I have how I want to do it all down in my head, I just have to get the rest of the tools to do it! Should be pretty fun!

I dunno, those things are pretty detailed with all of their nooks and cranny's ....... cranny.... lol anyway.... I want to see how difficult this stuff is to work with first, and get some experience making simple pipes before I try anything too hard.

what? 80 for wheels? or the cover? lol.

carbon fiber is in high demand now, but slowly comming back. all the aerospace industries are sucking it up, and stockpiling it.

EDIT: If anyone has a spare plug cover they'd be willing to send to me.... I'd give it a shot at making them.

I'm going to be trading my dad for his when I paint my valve cover soon. I could send it to you rather than put it on as long as it's not a really long time before I get one back. Any idea on what you'd charge for the carbon fiber ones?

Archived