Alignment cost

CleanGSR

I got a quote for an alignment this past weekend and wanted to see what you guys thought about the price. Their alignments cost around $60 for a 4 wheel alignment on a stock height vehcile. With my car being lowered and them having to make extra adjustments on my camber kit, they said it would cost me around $100 for a 4 wheel alignment. I'm fine with paying that if it's reasonable, but I have no idea. Do you think that's a reasonable price for a lowered car with camber kit?

Also, do I need a 4 wheel alignment (pretty sure I do) when lowering my car, or can I get away with just a front end alignment....dropping another 1-1.5".

There is nothing to align in the back, they can only do camber, if you are even dropped low enough to need it.

I paid about $60 for a front alignment and camber.

Are you sure about this? There's no cast or toe adjustments that need to be done in the rear?

yes there is , toe only from the dealer , and camber now since you added it.

There is nothing to align in the back, they can only do camber

theres toe

i get it free cuz i know pp at town fair tire.

if u never got the back lined after your dropped i would get it just to make sure it running straight... but if u had it done i wouldn't worry unless u kno u did some thing to f*ck it up

i get it free cuz i know pp at town fair tire.

if u never got the back lined after your dropped i would get it just to make sure it running straight... but if u had it done i wouldn't worry unless u kno u did some thing to f*ck it up

I would do rear camber so that your back tires don't get f*cked up while your front ones make nice even contact on the ground.

Here's the history of my car

Lowered 1.25"

*2 years pass*

Camber kit installed

Aligned (4 wheel)

2 years pass

Get's dropped another 1-1.5" (coming soon)

Alignment (soon after)....this is where I'm not sure if I should bother with the rear or not. I don't want to waste money that I don't have to, but if it's necessary I have no problem forking out the cash to do things right.

So does everybody think $100 sounds right for a 4 wheel alignment on a lowered car?

yeah definitely get a 4 wheel alignment hung. tell them people who wanna charge you extra money to adjust the camber to go get fuked. most domestics have that adjustment from the dealer , just cause hondas dont , and you added it , means nothing. an alignment is an alignment period. no matter what they have to adjust. if they try and charge you more , there trying to rip you off , take it elsewhere. its this simple , a 4 wheel alignment is a 4 wheel alignment. if adjusting the camber is a must , than that falls into the alignment category doesnt it. its not extra , its an alignment.

it shouldnt cost extra , no matter what you think is a fair price. if you guys are happy with letting people take advantage of you cause you feel its a fair price , than power to yas. 4 wheel alignment is just what it says. its a fukin joke to adjust the camber , loosen the holding nuts on both ends , and twist it in and out to adjust , wow , thats worth 40 more bucks.

Well, their claim is that they wouldn't have to adjust camber on a factory height car, regardless of make, so by me having it dropped, they'll have to make more adjustments. I'm just concerned with finding a shop that knows what to do with an aftermarket camber kit......think this will be any problem at other shops cranny?

Well, their claim is that they wouldn't have to adjust camber on a factory height car, regardless of make, so by me having it dropped, they'll have to make more adjustments. I'm just concerned with finding a shop that knows what to do with an aftermarket camber kit......think this will be any problem at other shops cranny?

Have it done, you wouldn't be saving THAT much by not and you will be prolonging the life on the tread of your tires.

i think there are shops that will just give you a 4 wheel alingment as advertised yes. regardless of whether the car has factory camber adjustment or not , its part of the service of aligning a vehicle. like i said , it takes 2 extgra minutes , loosen the back up buts , turn them till the dam machine says its good. the guys not knowing how to adjust the camber hung , shouldnt be working on cars , lol. call around dude. see the results.

i think 100 is high for a 4 wheel

i thought it was like 60 buck to all 4

edit: my brother use to work at two fair tire and they charge 79.99 for 4 wheel... but if u lived near me i choudl get it for u for 20 bucks... get a friend that works at a tire place and make him do it

First thought; If you bought your tires locally you should look them up. I bought the rubber on my lude from discount tire and the "all inclusive" package included free rebalancing rotation and 1/2 price on alignments.

Second thought; small town sole-prop shop might do you better then a chain store. Make sure to talk to the owner or gm and and tell them what you got. Before you ask them what the price is make sure to say that you expect the normal price as your car having the camber kit installed is just the same as other cars that came with camber adjustments from the factory. Make sure to mention that the "big guys" were screwing you and you were looking for better service. 9 times out of 10 that small shop will go out on a limb to make their bigger competition look bad.

The place I got the quote from is a performance shop "Extreme Imports" in the city my parents live in. They were recommended by a few people on a local forum. I think I might check with a couple of the shops in the small town I live in. I know of one place, but at one point they said that they couldn't align bigger than a 16".......that's what my dad told me they said at least....I think he might have misunderstood though since that doesn't make much sense.

I suppose its possible. But if your in a small town I would think they would have the equipment to do bigger then 16" as quite a few pickup truck wheels can be bigger then that. If your small town is like mine the trucks outnumber the cars 2-1.

Archived