TALK ME OUT OF A H22 swap!

Ok well at the present time I have a 95 true SI civic hatch. It has a B16 swap in it and just does not provide the kind of power and tourque that I want.....dont get me worng it is fun to drive and I can squak the tires all the way to third ,but I need something else, seems like somehting is missing. I was going to do a B20 swap with a JR supercharger and that way I could use my B16 head and tranny and axale and such, but for some stupid reason I am thinking "GO H22" in my mind....ONe thing that is keeping me from this is the cost, changing everything over to enable the H22 swap,plus i heard that the added weight and handling are crap after the swap. So the reason for this thread is so that cost to build this swap could be posted.....the work would be done by me and a frien so that labor would be on me, but please post you r comments of the B20 SCharged compared to a a H22 all motor...and also prices on things to do so.

I know a few of you guys have thought about it a time or two.

keep the B16 trans and axles etc...

get a quartersports Drag H2B adapter plate.

get a JDM H22A Longblock

put it together and run 12's all day.

/thread

lol just like that, didnt you decide against that same swap? also what would be the negatives of using a B16 tranny with that motor?

Also where could that adaptor be puchased?

i was just gonna do a H22 full swap into my teg, which is more annoying.

quartersportsdrag.com or something for the h2b adapter

I'd get a ITR trans b/c of the LSD, but a GSR trans would be nice.....B16 just isn't as strong IMO, it's not used to more than 111 tq lol

B20 Vtec would be nice and awesome with a JR Supercharger. Both are far from unique, but the B20 Vtec has a little more wow factor IMO.

Yea and without internals with just the conversion you'll be going

"Wow, this is f*cking sad/slow."

Yea and without internals with just the conversion you'll be going

"Wow, this is f*cking sad/slow."

Well for one, WHAT?? A bone stock B20 with JR S/C (no VTEC head) would flat scream and kill off the line. Second, if your mating one block with a different head, it wouldn't be too tough to build the engine too.

Well for one, WHAT?? A bone stock B20 with JR S/C (no VTEC head) would flat scream and kill off the line. Second, if your mating one block with a different head, it wouldn't be too tough to build the engine too.

LOL my apologies for the confusion.

I meant just a b20vtec conversion, no f/i at all.

god they're sad.

and, obviously..if you're going to swap heads it'd be simple to build it up. i agree.

LOL my apologies for the confusion.

I meant just a b20vtec conversion, no f/i at all.

god they're sad.

and, obviously..if you're going to swap heads it'd be simple to build it up. i agree.

what would be the difference in a stock internal B20 vtec head and a B18ls swap? same situation except now there is more displacement and the LSB18 is done every day driven with out F/I.

B20 is the only motor made by honda that I would rather have supercharged over turbo. A supercharged B16 would be weak.

AGREED!.....at the same time I am thinking the H22 would offer torque and power in an all motor set up. for roughly the same amount or less than what I would have involved in the B20vtec/SC.

Here's a link of a n/a B20-Vtec in a "heavier" DC2 chassis on street tires. 12.9 all motor and daily driven. That's pretty impressive to me.

Not saying an H22 couldn't do the same, but if you're building a CR-VTEC then you'll already have the pieces apart so building the motor won't be any harder than building the CR-VTEC.

Here's a link of a n/a B20-Vtec in a "heavier" DC2 chassis on street tires. 12.9 all motor and daily driven. That's pretty impressive to me.

Not saying an H22 couldn't do the same, but if you're building a CR-VTEC then you'll already have the pieces apart so building the motor won't be any harder than building the CR-VTEC.

DAMN......I had no idea it could be that badass all motor. I know I can pick up a B20 block cheap.....maybe under $200....and then I could drop another $1000 in internals....and if I really wanted to another $1000-1500 on a SUPERCHARGER, and for 2200-2700 I would be unfrackbelievable.

DAMN......I had no idea it could be that badass all motor. I know I can pick up a B20 block cheap.....maybe under $200....and then I could drop another $1000 in internals....and if I really wanted to another $1000-1500 on a SUPERCHARGER, and for 2200-2700 I would be unfrackbelievable.

$1000 for internals? the pistons alone will be about $400, rods about the same so now your at around $800. you still have to buy a crank if the block doesn't have one and rings if they don't come with the pistons. I've price internals for a b18 and they were almost $1500 for everything.

b20-vtec is badass WHEN built. but just the common swap and conversion is crapty.

couldn't really tell you any difference in an ls/b20 swapped eg hatchback. they're both slow, and, even with a b16 tranny..i STILL loathe them.

Archived