TALK ME OUT OF A H22 swap!

Well I can get a B20 43k miles unmolested motor for $450 local. What all will be need to make a successful swap internals on out.....if I went the all motor route that is.

This is just my opinion

Re-sleeve, bore out to your choice of size (wouldn't go too big being as it'll probably be daily driven)

cp pistons 12.5:1, maybe 12:1 depends on the tuning, how much you'll drive it.

amarillo/pauter rods

b16/b18c1 head, your choice..your money.

rm cams/valvetrain/headwork

victor x intake manny/itb setup of some sort, your choice..your money. itb's are high dollar though.

smsp header (or something DECENT, aka toda, smsp, rs*r)

hondata or crome pro tuning with injectors..wouldn't go bigger than a 330 and that's already pushing it.

This is just my opinion

Re-sleeve, bore out to your choice of size (wouldn't go too big being as it'll probably be daily driven)

cp pistons 12.5:1, maybe 12:1 depends on the tuning, how much you'll drive it.

amarillo/pauter rods

b16/b18c1 head, your choice..your money.

rm cams/valvetrain/headwork

victor x intake manny/itb setup of some sort, your choice..your money. itb's are high dollar though.

smsp header (or something DECENT, aka toda, smsp, rs*r)

hondata or crome pro tuning with injectors..wouldn't go bigger than a 330 and that's already pushing it.

wow maybe I should have said this......I have an lSD tranny, b16 motor as of now so I have the catless 2.5 exhaust, tuning pros header , so I have the head.....was leaning towards JE pistons and eagle H beam rods.......from that point I am all ears. The car will be driving dailey, I want to build a fast,dependable dailey driver.

Eagle rods are fine. JE pistons are ..meeeeeeeh, okay.

WHen you say you have an LSD tranny.. you're telling me what? LSD in a GSR tranny? b16 tranny? LS tranny? Or a standard issue ITR/LSD tranny setup?

Eagle rods are fine. JE pistons are ..meeeeeeeh, okay.

WHen you say you have an LSD tranny.. you're telling me what? LSD in a GSR tranny? b16 tranny? LS tranny? Or a standard issue ITR/LSD tranny setup?

you know I am not quite sure I bought it in 05 with the swap done i just know I had receipts that showed the LSD tranny, let me see if I can locate that....is there a code on the tranny itself that i can find to tell its exacts?

JE oversized forged pistons are just ehhhh?....hummm.

I also realized on the B20 the rev limit is lower than the B18/B16......wil this truely hurt me? 7200 probably being the limit........more low end less high end.

you know I am not quite sure I bought it in 05 with the swap done i just know I had receipts that showed the LSD tranny, let me see if I can locate that....is there a code on the tranny itself that i can find to tell its exacts?

JE oversized forged pistons are just ehhhh?....hummm.

I also realized on the B20 the rev limit is lower than the B18/B16......wil this truely hurt me? 7200 probably being the limit........more low end less high end.

Old b20 redline won't matter if you get a VTEC head (b18c1/c5 b16a2) built, it's the head you'll want to worry about when you go into building the motor. Honda blocks/internals are pretty tough, but if you're going higher compression then you're obviously gonna have to break it down.

So.. that 7200 rpm redline can be tossed out of the window regardless of which of the three b-series v-tec head's youre gonna use.

Here's a link of a n/a B20-Vtec in a "heavier" DC2 chassis on street tires. 12.9 all motor and daily driven. That's pretty impressive to me.

Not saying an H22 couldn't do the same, but if you're building a CR-VTEC then you'll already have the pieces apart so building the motor won't be any harder than building the CR-VTEC.

I contacted the shop that built this integra and inquired about the build......they are in pourta rico(sp?) and he said that the pistons are ace something some shop makes them and puts them on ebay.....and they are 84mm.....I emailed him to send me a list of internals and what nots that was done to the engine......but after the whole piston thing I am not so sure.......

and my block is a B16a block and head.

Drop Wiseco pistons in it. I plan on doin a CR-VTEC build when I get back from active duty. And that is what im planning on doing. Mated to Eagle-H beams. OEM rod and main bearings, with ARP rodbolts. I was going for 11:1 CR.

Izf the B20z all motor was a go and you were working the build and money was an issure ,but you wanited to spend it where it really needed to be spent....what internals would you go stock with and what would be upgraded and pampered? in other words how would one spend 2k for the build?not including the auctual b20 motor.

Ok well you've got the B16 head so I'm gonna assume that you have the ECU, dizzy, and harness for it. And not including the B20Z block.

Wiseco pistons

Eagle H-beams

OEM rod and main bearings (only cuz they are cheaper than ACL)

CR-VTEC oil line kit

ARP rod bolts and head studs

Gaskets and belts

Decent header and ok intake

Ok well you've got the B16 head so I'm gonna assume that you have the ECU, dizzy, and harness for it. And not including the B20Z block.

Wiseco pistons

Eagle H-beams

CR-VTEC oil line kit

Gaskets and belts

I got a nice header set up and a weapon R secret weapon intake, so that can also be taken off.

also please give links or website where these can be bought or prices for the items...I need to start at least getting some thing together, ill pick up the block sometime this next weekend. And as far as the ECU I have a vtec controller and a P72 ECU.

• 4 weeks later...

Wiseco pistons

Eagle H-beams

CR-VTEC oil line kit

Gaskets and belts

Why would you buy new internals and not get ACL bearings?

This thread has some terrible info.

Archived