B18C1

ok heres the deal.. i want to swap out my motor so i can put in somthing better than turbo it and my plan is to buy a bare B18C1 block take out the stock pistons rings crank ect... and rebuild the entire motor from the ground up so that it can handle more boost anyone have any better suggestions because im not all that good with the whole honda motor thing yet and im not afraid to admit it.. haha (called myself a n00b) ok thanks for the help

You don't really NEED to rebuild a motor to get more boost but if you really want to just for the hell of it, then like ok go for it. No one's stopping you.

From what I know, you only need to rebuild a motor when you're losing compression.

How much boost do you wanna run anyway?

What's your turbo setup gonna be?

I want details on what you wanna do.

If you are going to build it from the ground up, why not get a Dart B20+ block. You'll make more topend than you would with a OEM block. Or put a stroker crank in it and keep the same topend as an OEM block.

You don't really NEED to rebuild a motor to get more boost but if you really want to just for the hell of it, then like ok go for it. No one's stopping you.

From what I know, you only need to rebuild a motor when you're losing compression.

How much boost do you wanna run anyway?

What's your turbo setup gonna be?

I want details on what you wanna do.

what are you talking about? if he tries to run high boost on stock internals hes goona blow his engine. on stock he could maybe run 4 for daily and at the most 8 on track days.

what are you talking about? if he tries to run high boost on stock internals hes goona blow his engine. on stock he could maybe run 4 for daily and at the most 8 on track days.

This is seriously funny. 4psi? A type R can handle more than that daily. As SolLes said, stock B18C1's pushing 9-10psi are a dime a dozen. It's all about the tuning, and to be honest, you could run 8psi daily with a mediocore tune.

Archived