Eclipse.jpg

Polk 6.5" 2-ways in the back

Polk.jpg

Rockford Fosgate 10" Stg 2 Punch Sub, Q-Logic 10" Sub Box

sub.jpg

Lightning Audio 250W Amp, Rockford Fosgate Sub Wire Kit

Amp.jpg

Rockford Fosgate Speaker Wire to all four speakers

The last thing to do is Dynamat behind all four speakers and I might try the sub box as well for a crisper sounding bass. Other than that, I think I've put together a real nice sounding system that should last for a decent amount of time....Questions and Comments appreciated...

Total Price of Audio Set-up in case you were curious: about $1,200-$1,300

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, I guess. I dont know much about audio though. Im not big on audio systems, the only reason I even have a cd player in my car is for passengers and stuff. I can go without music when Im driving no problem.

How do you like your sub? I was torn between that one, and an audiobahn pro compression 10". I decided on the audiobahn because of the shallow mounting depth.

that may be my next sub, but would have to design a new box for it to fit.

Dan- Music = Life for me

I can't go 10 minutes without music lol, so it's a necessity to have an awesome sounding system in my car.

Pyrocketeer- I wish I knew your name lol

Well, what kind of music do you listen to?

I listen to a lot of Metal/Hardcore/Screamo type stuff and this sub/amp combination can really keep up with the double bass drum every single song, it sounds awesome b/c it's just enough *UMPH* to compliment the mids and highs that my speakers put out....aaaaand also, when I put some rap on it hits effing hard and loud.

It's an awesome sub.

I'd recommend Audiobahn for show applications, because they will put out a lot of bass, but not exceptionally clear bass....and they look really cool.

Rockford Fosgate, JL, Infinity, and MB Quart are some of my favorites as for subwoofers....

Lol i don't think anyone knows my real name on here.... its Chris

Audiobahn is good for show thats for sure, but not really what i was after. I just heard a few good reviews about the bass they put out for their size.

somtimes there are a few clarity issues, but overall I'm pretty happy with its performance overall. Next time i'll have to give those a try.

im sorry, i really dont think audiobahn is good for anything.

It dont take much to have a basket chrome dipped. And the quality of Audiobahn subs are horrid. . . well, except for the immortal series but thats because they are not even built by Audiobahn, they are built by digital designs. (and too too expensive for what they are)

anyway, the setup looks good, except for the Bolt Series amp, its their bottom end amp, the Strike and Storm Series amps are really nice though.

Well, not many companies basket chrome dip their subs to make them look cool, but Audiobahn does do a nice job with the looks side of things....

I know the amp isn't great, i'll probably upgrade eventually, but as for now it's putting out a real nice, crisp sound that i've been wanting, so I can't complain yet...

Thanks for the compliments and -1 to EH6 not liking music.....LAME.

edit:

QUESTION

There is a perfect spot for two 6x9's in my rear deck, like absolutely perfect....

obviously i'd run them to an amp, but do you think a sub and two 6x9's in the rear would drown out my mid's and high's? or do you think it'd add to the sound nicely?

opinions please.... :help:

not too many audiophiles like 6x9's (or any irregular shape like that) because they aren't round, and don't produce the best sound quality. But I don't think they will drown out your highs.

I ran for a few weeks and didn't realize my front 2 speakers came unhooked from my amp. the front was all my tweeters, and the mids and lows was from the rear. Couldn't even tell they went out. Its really hard to drown out highs.

Well, not many companies basket chrome dip their subs to make them look cool, but Audiobahn does do a nice job with the looks side of things....

I know the amp isn't great, i'll probably upgrade eventually, but as for now it's putting out a real nice, crisp sound that i've been wanting, so I can't complain yet...

Thanks for the compliments and -1 to EH6 not liking music.....LAME.

edit:

QUESTION

There is a perfect spot for two 6x9's in my rear deck, like absolutely perfect....

obviously i'd run them to an amp, but do you think a sub and two 6x9's in the rear would drown out my mid's and high's? or do you think it'd add to the sound nicely?

opinions please.... :help:

I personally hate 6x9's . . . but in the rear deck, they are just rear fill anyway. You wont notice a difference from sitting in the front seat, and it will give people in the back a little more dynamic range to listen to.

• 2 weeks later...

You got some nice stuff there. I'd definitely recommend upgrading the Bolt amp though, you're probably not even gettin half the wattage it claims to put out, but hey, its much better than power from the deck itself.

My .02 on Audiobahn: Tis some dank ish................NOT. Big pile of plop covered up in blinding chrome.

you're probably not even gettin half the wattage it claims to put out

most amps advertise peak wattage, not rms. rms is pretty much what you get for wattage on average

most amps advertise peak wattage, not rms. rms is pretty much what you get for wattage on average

Correct...partly. Most of the cheaper amps advertise peak or max wattage. Also, some amps are underrated while others are overrated. Put a Performance Teknique or Pyle amp rated at 500w RMS next to something like a Zapco or lets even stick to mainstream, Kicker, rated at 500w rms and the Zapco and Kicker will put out more than the 500 it states while the other two probably would probably not even reach that 500. It also depends heavily on the vehicle's electrical. If you don't have enough amperage, the amplifier will only be able to put out what its getting.

how is that partly correct? you just repeated what i said with a lil more bells and whistle. and about the amps that the amplifier can draw who doesn't want a car thats has headlights that act like strobes when the base hits? I don't know much about audio but i do know about elctronics.

xero-when i sell this the other deck is going back in and i'm transferring the new one and the XM receiver to the next car...

its cool i am just lookign fora used cd player for my jeep that is decent. when the hard top comes off in the summer (crosses fingers hopne i have a sol by then) i don't want wankstas gank'n mi crapz

What I mean by when I said partly correct is when you said "most amps are rated in peak ratings". Thats not quite so true, but the rest of what you said is correct. Also sometimes rms isn't always half the max wattage, though the majority of the time it is.

What I mean by when I said partly correct is when you said "most amps are rated in peak ratings

may i should of worded it different. but we can agree that alot of manufactures rate there product higher then what it will hit

, higher then where it will still sound good ( not sure if that is worded right , but u get what i mean?)

rms is the mean voltage so ya a lot of times it is the middle but some times it not.

may i should of worded it different. but we can agree that alot of manufactures rate there product higher then what it will hit

, higher then where it will still sound good ( not sure if that is worded right , but u get what i mean?)

rms is the mean voltage so ya a lot of times it is the middle but some times it not.

Yep, I'll second that.

A lot of *shady* manufacturers will advertise numbers above their actual. Any of the major companies are pretty spot on. Wattage will also vary depending on voltage.

Archived