just got a new 4gb nano for x mas. yet i can't see to download songs onto it. i have iTunes and i plugg the pod into my usb port, nothing comes up, which i would expect something to. i feel technologically dumb. help would be appreciated. ahh!

yeah it should pop up. im pretty sure the nano comes with an itunes cd rom. throw that in there and load it n see if it works then. unless u didnt have it connected right or the usb port is not active or something, i couldnt see it not working.

No, the new Nano's don't come with the iTunes CD.

Look under File in your iTunes, and see if "Sync iPod" is in black text, or grey. If it's black, then click on it. If it's grey, then your computer isn't seeing your iPod.

its in grey when i hook the ipod up, but the ipod itself says do not disconnect. soo... wtf?

Okay... now you have to figure out why the computer isn't seeing the iPod. The USB is obviously working, since you're being told not to disconnect it (the iPod is charging).

• 2 months later...

Just sell the iPod. It is one of the worst creations ever.

You want something easier to use, around the same price, no conversions necessary, and comes with most accessories, look into a iAudio, or iRiver, or Creative Labs Zen Nano.

You want something easier to use, around the same price, no conversions necessary, and comes with most accessories, look into a iAudio, or iRiver, or Creative Labs Zen Nano.

Only a true idiot would find an iPod hard to use. Did you ever figure out the problem? Have you tried getting a new cable?

oh my god yeah it's so f*cking terrible....i only have 4000 songs, 10 tv shows, and The Prestige movie on there for about a year and have never had a problem.

My other one lasted 2 years no issues.

You are a f*cking idiot.

My iPod sucks...but I love it all the same. It randomly resets itself, usually after a day or so. I think the iPod is the most popular just because how aggressive they are with the market in general. They weren't exactly the first, the most reliable, or the best either...but hey everyone has an iPod and that's good enough to keep you in the lead.

if u never figured it out, the newer nanos need a newer version of itunes. just update ur itunes version i garentee thats what it is. but seeing as this is a pretty old thread im sure uv figured that out.

Archived