Easier forum.

I know that this a pre made or whatever program, but it would make it a lot easier for people if they could just upload their pics (i know you can, but it never works) and not have to worry about having them hosted.

its not just drew that can upload directly off their computer, its all the mods if i'm not mistaken.

and i agree that its a good idea, i was actually thinking about pm'ing drew about it but then i saw this thread. anyways, maybe instead of giving EVERYBODY the right to be able to upload directly from their computer drew could just give that right to people with a certain post count, kinda like the member title thing.

thats not tht bad of an idiea...i think it would work

Yeah, that's the problem. If I allow uploads for everybody, it starts to suck bandwidth and use storage space like mad. In turn, that means more money for me to spend. (I'm not rich).

If you want, I can start a subscription service and if you want, you can pay like $3/month and I'll give you a lot of added features.

The few dollars I would receive/month would help pay for all the added bandwidth and storage space.

Thanks and peace everybody.....

Well, that I haven't decided yet, but unlimited image uploading ability would be available. If I decided to implement this change, I would probably take away some of the current abilities to regular members, like Avatar upload and custom Titles and give them only to paid subscribers. I would also add increased PM storage and maybe access to certain Members Only forums.

I would probably also give 1 free HF.com sticker to each subscriber, once they are made.

Obviously I haven't thought about what I want to do entirely. I guess if there is enough interest in subscriptions, then I will research it further.

Opinions and input are welcome...

Yeah, that's the problem. If I allow uploads for everybody, it starts to suck bandwidth and use storage space like mad. In turn, that means more money for me to spend. (I'm not rich).

If you want, I can start a subscription service and if you want, you can pay like $3/month and I'll give you a lot of added features.

The few dollars I would receive/month would help pay for all the added bandwidth and storage space.

Thanks and peace everybody.....

exactly. the more images uploaded = more space used = less available for the board. also, the more images uploaded = more bandwidth used = causes the site to run slower.

Archived