i am so f*cked!!!

TLontheDL

i filled up gas for my sisters accord last night and then went straight to the grocery store to pick up some food. woke up this morning to see that i forgot to close the frickin gas cap last night! it was still hooked onto the thingy on the door (you know how you slide the cap onto that piece thats on the door?). anyway, this morning, the cap was still hooked onto the door but the door was halfway closed due to the wind pushing it in as i drove off from the gas station. now my question is, did water get into the hole? i ran my fingers around the hole to see if it was wet and yes...it was wet. oh i forgot to mention, it rained all last night! it was raining as i was filling up gas this morning and continued to rain until early this morning around 6am.

i dont want to risk telling my sis to just drive it since the cap was kinda covering the hole due to the wind pushing in the door with the cap still on the hook. any water in the engine isn't good, that i know! have any of you experienced this? what did you do? im thinking of going to an autopart store and ask them if they have a tube so i can maybe cyphin the gas out but im sure its not going to cyphin out 100% of the gas. has anyone done a gas flush before?? ive seen it done on tv...on a gsr but it looks hard. help!

i flushed outta boat once.. i mean boat as in a huge ass car.. you know those huge V8s back in the days.."BOAT with the tailfins"? well anyways i got that car for 100dollars, and if was filled with gas already.. but that gas was so old, it was 4 years old, it did take me a while to do since that car weighed like over 5000lbs.. so i took it to the shop and i did it my self(saving money when your a poor ass).. but i dont have exsperence on hondas yet.. im sure it easyier the boats!! :p GL!!

well like you said, you just filled up the tank so it shouldn't be an issue, the water will get diluted into the gas... I've heard that arco gas actually has a water based additive they use to keep the gas from evaporating in storage, so I refuse to fill up there

thanks guys.. yes, i agree the most safest way to handle this is to flush it out completely. i really want to flush it myself but i also dont trust myself either.

hondachicka18: GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! :D earlier, i went out and purchased the gas treatment by STP. on the back, it says: STP GAS TREATMENT USED REGULARLY HELPS, 1. saves gas by keeping fuel intake system clean 2. boost cleaning performance of gas 3. fight fuel line freeze by removing water

so i went out and purchased 2 bottles for .99 each at auto zone. a friend also told me to buy this crap so i did.. i trust him b/c he builds import race cars. by the way, he'll be in florida soon. look out for a turbo charged lexus and a turbo charged rx7 if you go. anyway, heres the bottle.

post-66-1045873395.jpg

well like you said, you just filled up the tank so it shouldn't be an issue, the water will get diluted into the gas... I've heard that arco gas actually has a water based additive they use to keep the gas from evaporating in storage, so I refuse to fill up there

Yes...ARCO is the crappiest gas ever. We always joked about ARCO gas just being alcohol and water.

Hey I may be a girl but I still know some details on what to do and what not to do. Well those two bottles should do the job but one was enough I should say. I mean it wouldn't hurt if you drove the car around and tried to use that gas up wit the treatment in the tank and then put in another treatment and fill up with fresh gas and remember to close the tank this time. LOL I used to work at an autoparts and this happened alot. So I kinda got the hang of it on what to do and what not to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived