honda civic vetech controller

nightshift customs

i jus bought this 1995 honda civic coupe and it either has a b18 motor swap or a gsr motor swap but when it idles it goes from 1000 to 2000 rpms constantly up and down and it rev limits or somthing at 2500 do u know how hard it is to drive like that? i think that its my vetch controller but im not to sure i also have a stock ecu and a gsr ecu what do i put in? im stumped plz give me a hand and i tryed to unplug the controller and it gets worse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i jus bought this 1995 honda civic coupe and it either has a b18 motor swap or a gsr motor swap but when it idles it goes from 1000 to 2000 rpms constantly up and down and it rev limits or somthing at 2500 do u know how hard it is to drive like that? i think that its my vetch controller but im not to sure i also have a stock ecu and a gsr ecu what do i put in? im stumped plz give me a hand and i tryed to unplug the controller and it gets worse

if its a gsr motor, it will look like this

P1017254.jpg

if it doesnt say VTEC then its probly just an ls B series motor. depending on if its a gsr or ls motor, will depend on which ecu to use. IMO get a p28 ecu and chip it.:thumbsup:

PS. get rid of the VTEC controller, it sounds like thats the problem. you dont need it anyway, especially if all you have is an LS motor. (no VTEC):ph34r:

P1017254.jpg

if it doesnt say VTEC then its probly just an ls B series motor. depending on if its a gsr or ls motor, will depend on which ecu to use. IMO get a p28 ecu and chip it.:thumbsup:

PS. get rid of the VTEC controller, it sounds like thats the problem. you dont need it anyway, especially if all you have is an LS motor. (no VTEC):ph34r:

thats fine and dandy, but if someone didnt know what they were looking at, they'd easily call that a b16.

ok then.

If you car says VTEC on the Valve cover, its probly a gsr

If it doesnt, its probly just an Ls motor

simple enough though, all he has to do is pop the hood and see if it says vtec. if not, then that explains the problem with the vtec controller

well, first theres no reason to have VTEC hit at 2500 rpms. change it to normal.

There would be no reason to have a VTEC controller you guys if he didnt have a GSR (b18c1)

2nd, b16 valve covers are different looking than b18c1 calve covers.. there is a big honda emblem on it.

3rd, you should get rid of the VTEC controller altogether. they dont do anything useful to stock or lightly modded engines.

P1017254.jpg

it dose say vtech its the same exact as the pic

well, first theres no reason to have VTEC hit at 2500 rpms. change it to normal.

There would be no reason to have a VTEC controller you guys if he didnt have a GSR (b18c1)

2nd, b16 valve covers are different looking than b18c1 calve covers.. there is a big honda emblem on it.

3rd, you should get rid of the VTEC controller altogether. they dont do anything useful to stock or lightly modded engines.

it looks the same as rbolanders pic but my intake mantifold curls downward

you're suposed to help f*g not laugh at my spelling grammer boy

well you won't be receiving any help from me anyway d!ck licker.

i just don't understand how you got vetech from:

eng_bay.jpg

honestly, that's the worst anyone has ever butchered it, and whoever you traded the car with is an idiot because 1. crankwalk, 2. vtec controller, 3. Honda>Mitsubishi

anyway....

Archived