favorate band?

rapperbasher

I'll bet cranny likes celine dion and brian adams.

brian adams is the crap, and even though i don't like her celine dion has alot of talent.

learn to recognize what talent is before you bash. just because its old or country or whatever, doesn't mean there is no talent invloved :thumbsup:

what i say when people say "omg they suck so bad" i just say "hey man, i'd like to see you put a song on the radio that helps sell as much copies as that, much less get a song on the radio"

the way i figure it is that if its on the radio, its got talent, somewhere, even though we might be too blind to see it. we hate it because its overplayed, but more people need to realize that when it came out it was good, but when its overplayed it sucks? no, its just overplayed, the talent and the goodness is still there.

Yeah, I live in New York (state), but I'm not sure if I've ever heard that station before.

I'm not sure if your list is supposed to be bands from the last five years, but if it is then I think only Godsmack applies (could be wrong, I'm not a Godsmack fan). Weezer has been around long before 5 years ago lol, and Death Cab has been around for more than 5.

My favorite band in the last five years is TBS. I just love them, and the more I listen to them, the more I love them (all of their work). Brand New is up there too, although I hate listening to Your Favorite Weapon. I used to really like the album a few years ago, but now I don't think it's a very strong album. There are good songs on it, but it doesn't flow like an album should. They really redeemed themselves with Deja Entendu though, that album is amazing. Hopefully their new release next month can live up to it.

But you are very correct with there being a handful of bands in the past 5 years that are actually good. I actually discussed this with Joey a few months ago when I realized how few "new" bands I actually like and listen to.

yeah, weezer has definately been around a long time lol. i think they actually were better 5+years ago. we named my girlfriends cat after them because he has a "W" on his forhead lol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm likin' you more and more everyday :thumbsup: Finally, someone else who likes Aerosmith. :)

aerosmith is the crap. i don't see another band that has quite accomplished what they have. yeah, sabbath and deep purple kinda started hard rock/metal, but they eventually faded away. aerosmith has stood the test of time, kept all original members, and still puts out hit after hit after hit after hit. if you ever get the chance to see them live, DO IT. it will be the best experience of your life.

and no offense to the sabbath thing cranny, i'm as much of a fan as you. i just LOVE ozzy solo. the guitarists he's had have just been phenominal. from Rhoads, and Jake E Lee to Zakk Wylde himself, can't beat those rifs man. but then again you can't beat sabbath lol

brian adams is the crap, and even though i don't like her celine dion has alot of talent.

learn to recognize what talent is before you bash. just because its old or country or whatever, doesn't mean there is no talent invloved :thumbsup:

what i say when people say "omg they suck so bad" i just say "hey man, i'd like to see you put a song on the radio that helps sell as much copies as that, much less get a song on the radio"

the way i figure it is that if its on the radio, its got talent, somewhere, even though we might be too blind to see it. we hate it because its overplayed, but more people need to realize that when it came out it was good, but when its overplayed it sucks? no, its just overplayed, the talent and the goodness is still there.

yeah, weezer has definately been around a long time lol. i think they actually were better 5+years ago. we named my girlfriends cat after them because he has a "W" on his forhead lol

I have to disagree with "if it's on the radio, it's got talent". There are some songs that are popular/mainstream that I honestly have no idea how people can enjoy them because of how terrible they are, and there are a lot that I just have to laugh at how bad they are. Then there are some bands/artists that should never have been given record deals let alone have "hits".

The blue album and Pinkerton are amazing, and those are the two albums I find myself listening to the most out of Weezer's collection. The rest are all really good too, although Maladroit is by far the weakest, IMO.

If we are allowed to name more than 1 favorite band then here is my list:

-Depeche Mode

-Anything Box

-Erasure

-When in Rome

-New Order

-Pet Shop Boys

-Bad Boys Blue

-Eagles

-Def Leoppard

-CC Catch

-Metallica

-Guns n Roses

-Moden Talking

I'd go into the rap category but those aren't really bands.

i said somewhere, its got talent, even if we are too blind to see it.

can you do it? no, then they a talent you don't.

I can recognize talent, even in bands/artists that I don't listen to or like, but there are at least a good handful of songs in the past few years that shouldn't have been released, or put into rotation.

rise against, long live punk.

hellogoodbye

ska: less than jake, catch 22

plenty o others.

Rise Against is not punk, try again. If anything they're killing the punk scene.

Does anyone like Big D & The Kids Table?? They're like one of my favorite newer ska bands along with Rancid.

As Blood Runs Black

The Devil Wears Prada

The Agony Scene

Saosin

Chiodos

The Chariot

basically sh!t that gets me pumped before a hockey game and make me want to kill people...

Bright Eyes

nuff said

i have a Bright Eyes EP..it's pretty decent, but the guy doesn't really sing, it's like whiney talk/groan...

Harry-if i want to listen to something like Bane i listen to Stretch Arm Strong or Comeback Kid....I don't like Terror, and if i want breakdowns i'll listen to Symphony in Peril, whom are awesome.

I like As I Lay Dying sometimes, and Norma Jean, The Number 12 Looks Like You, As Cities Burn, etcccccc..

Harry-if i want to listen to something like Bane i listen to Stretch Arm Strong or Comeback Kid....I don't like Terror, and if i want breakdowns i'll listen to Symphony in Peril, whom are awesome.

Bane has awesome breakdowns. Terror not so much but they're so positive its great.

rise against's early stuff, their first two cds arn't punk eh? there last two cds are a blend of rock/punk, more rocky, i like it though.

why ya'll hatin on hellogoodbye? great concert to meet girls.

didnt hellogoodbye have a concert where they dressed up as hotdogs and crazy stuff like that...

anyway i like

rise against(their new single is great)

senses fail

say anything

scary kids scaring kids

the hurt

the red junpsuit apparatis

oh hey to all with i-tunes...download this song by phsychostick...its called BEER!!!...so funny.get it

hellogoodbye is for 12 year old girls...

The only girls you'll meet at any genre of punk shows are about 14-years-old. That's the one thing I hate about punk, you go to the shows and you're the oldest people there (that aren't parents there with their children), or among a handful of them.

Archived