Acura rsx type r from ny auto show

0verb00st

Type R is said to be in the US for 2003 Models.  So we should have the Type S and Type R here.  Above is the Type R Concept.  That is not what is coming here I don't think...

Here's a few specs for the U.S. Type-S.

Color options: Arctic Blue Pearl, Premium White Pearl, Desert Silver Metallic, Satin Silver Metallic, Firepepper Red Pearl, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Suspension type: Front: Control-Link MacPherson strut; Rear: double-wishbone with coil springs and stabilizer bar

Acceleration: 0 to 60mph in 6.0 seconds (estimated)

Engine type; displacement: 16-valve, DOHC, four-cylinder; 2.0-liter.

Horsepower: 200 hp @ 7400 rpm

Torque: 142 lb.-ft. @ 6000 rpm

EPA mileage: 24 city, 31 highway.

MSRP: $23,170

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at the pictures of the Type R concept, and damn that is one tight ride. However in the interior pics, it seems that a bunch of toggle switches and lights have replaced the stereo's head unit. Can someone please tell me what those are because they must be pretty important to take the place of the stereo. Also everyone knows that the key to a pimped out ride is a boomin sound system. Ya heard me? Holla back!

Yeah, this is just a concept though and I think that's all for show... I doubt that all those switces are really necessary and I don't think its necessary to take the sterer out for the number of switches that are in there.

Got the pics from some other site, can't remember off hand.

I do not care much for the interior but the exterior is pretty sweet.

I think they should of marketed the RSX as the Next Gen Integra, they would of sold a lot more I think.  Look at how many other Integra's are out there on the road.  I barely ever see any RSX's.  Although, if I decide to buy one, It would be much better that nobody else has one...

• 3 months later...

Great shots, check out the difusser at the rear, and also notice the 2nd rear wing element. The overall profile is great. I think this is Honda's race version of the car that they were designing for potential German Touring Car Championship entry. They said they could get 500hp out of the 2.0 liter Iv.

Nova.

• 10 months later...

Loose the bling bling wheels, body kit, and spoiler then it would be okay.

There will never be an RSX Type R in the US, as Honda will not destroy their factory performance line. Why would someone pay 3,000+ for a FP kit when they could get the whole Type R for the same price? There has been a discussion about this on H-T, feel free to head over there and look at it.

• 5 months later...

Archived