cheap power gain and a little concern

JPM335

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so your saying youll spend 200 dollars to get the 2 hp off an aem cai. vs buying one on ebay for 50 bucks?

I'd spend the money for the quality. If you'd rather waste $50 on an ebay intake, be my guest. But AEM is just the best and can't beat the quality for the money.

Why do you like them so much?

cuz its a fake j's intake. its dyno tested to yield 6-7 whp. idk if youve ever seen it before, but its that fatty short ram looking intake that looks like a cross between a jelly bean and an eggplant.

i just saw this post.

you ain't kiddin about this crap solles.

intake - weapon R, injen, AEM, go with a good name brand, don't go cheap. yeah, ebay crap will help, but the rest are far better. weapon r has a good one out now, called Secret Weapon - def. worth the money.

but AEM is the way to go for price and performance.

headeR - that is no S's folks, there is only 1. go with a DC sports or a greddy for cost and performance (DC owns in the price w/ performance/ quality catagory)

Exhaust - go big or go home. greddy is awesome. tanabe i hear (from solles lol) is great too.

a buddy of mine has an invidia on his and its pretty nice sounding, and performs good too.

here ya go.

Intake

Header

shop around for exhaust.

Magnaflow blows.

weapon R isn't bad for the price (usually you can get them MUCH cheaper than that) and i was considering he was on a budget. that new weapon r looks alright though.

anyways, i didn't read the past 2 pages at all, didn't bother, too much BS

you get a good intake, header, and exhaust, not necessarily for the HP gain, but for the flow. you can gain the same amount of HP through ebay as you do AEM, but you get a much more sufficient flow through AEM.

all those name brands you hear about, have tested, tested, and tested some more until they come up with a perfect design. if all it took was a crapty 3 inch pipe and a cheap ass filter, than they wouldn't be so expensive, would they?

same with a header. a dc sports or greddy is better than an OBX because of the way its shaped, not necessarily the size of the pipes.

noobs with no knowledge whatsoever are teh gay.

Thanks for the info and links. I think I might get the intake and header, but im weary of a new exhaust because i dont want the car to be loud. I do a lot of driving and like in nice and quiet so i can listen to the radio. Like I said im not going for all out performance.

Also is it even worth replacing the header if im keeping the stock exhaust?

you get a good intake, header, and exhaust, not necessarily for the HP gain, but for the flow. you can gain the same amount of HP through ebay as you do AEM, but you get a much more sufficient flow through AEM.

all those name brands you hear about, have tested, tested, and tested some more until they come up with a perfect design. if all it took was a crapty 3 inch pipe and a cheap ass filter, than they wouldn't be so expensive, would they?

thats exactly wtf i just said. i didnt say, ebay is superior to aem, cuz its not. but he said cheap power gain. and there are far more economical choices than buying an aem intake vs. ebay. for the money ebay is the way to go, it gives you some gain, prolly not as much as a brand name intake would, but some gain nonetheless. hes not out racing his 4 door accord. he just wants to put a little pep in his step.

SolLes, I thought you were gonna get a PWJDM intake too?

If that's true, I would deffo get a PWJDM over an AEM. If its worth switching from AEM to PWJDM then they perform alright in my book.

You scared me telling me it won't fit a D series. I guess I have a Y7 (haven't looked into that) but I'm pretty darn sure it will fit. They just advertise the gains on a B series. Wouldn't it fit both?

Archived