Should i put turbo in first or something else?

Killuminatic

im not to sure that they make turbo kits out for the new accord coupe.... its pretty new to the market... if you do turbo it... you would be the first on your block but.. why dont you save your money and race your car for a while...

take it at ease man.. slow down!!

yeah throw a turbo on RIGHT away. that way you can race it around so the piston rings dont set right and then 3000 miles later you have to buy a new engine! thats FUN! :p why dont you work on breaking in your car correctly before you think about modding it?

yeah, but why put headers and intake in, when if i add turbo, the turbo engine will come with them anyway.

If you were to turbo your engine, you need a free flowing exhaust for a NT engine 2.75" is the biggest you go. On turbo 3" and up, there are endless possibilites, it all depends on the power you are looking for and what you want to do with the car. As for an intake how do you think the amount of sufficiant air will get into your car? the stock intake on anycar is restrictive as all hell and wont do anything performance wise.

i think he's sayin that if he were to turbo it, headers and an intake would be a waste of money since, most likely, the kit he would buy would come with some sort of an intake and the turbo manifold would do away with the headers.

yeah throw a turbo on RIGHT away. that way you can race it around so the piston rings dont set right and then 3000 miles later you have to buy a new engine! thats FUN!  :p  why dont you work on breaking in your car correctly before you think about modding it?

hmmm i dont wanna throw in a turbo right away onna new ass car like that one.. that car is to new to turbo it.... but anyways, do some internals so you wont blow it up, and dont get high compression car parts, or dont mill your cyl head excessivly(sp?) if your gonna turbo accord 03...

yeah, but why put headers and intake in, when if i add turbo, the turbo engine will come with them anyway.

turbo engine?

hmmmmm.... how woulld that work? to get this straiight though your head is... a turbo is a boolt-on meaning that its a diffferent car part in your engine bay and it is aftermarket modified part, a turbo isnt an engine.. its used exhaust gases to transfer terbine(sp?????)motion basicallly makking forced induction in to your intake system...

hmmmmm.... how woulld that work? to get this straiight though your head is... a turbo is a boolt-on meaning that its a diffferent car part in your engine bay and it is aftermarket modified part, a turbo isnt an engine.. its used exhaust gases to transfer terbine(sp?????)motion basicallly makking forced induction in to your intake system...

In response to your question Vtracer17, look above your post...

i think he's sayin that if he were to turbo it, headers and an intake would be a waste of money since, most likely, the kit he would buy would come with some sort of an intake and the turbo manifold would do away with the headers.

Anyhow, if your gonna turbo it build up your internals. That's one big heavy car your modding, so lose some weight too...

Then again, the Accord just barely came out. So, maybe just sit around and enjoy the car stock. It'll be a while before the aftermarket comes out with performance products.

In response to your question Vtracer17, look above your post...
opps... i didnt care of reading the other above posted... but i did now :laugh:
Anyhow, if your gonna turbo it build up your internals. That's one big heavy car your modding, so lose some weight too...

Then again, the Accord just barely came out. So, maybe just sit around and enjoy the car stock. It'll be a while before the aftermarket comes out with performance products.

yea i agree with buddysol, keep tha car for a while... you know.. it cost mo money to do mods too accord03 owner..

You can have connecting rods custom made and probably valves and valvesprings too.

hmmm .... custom.... okay that would work,

but this guy dosent no nottin bout cars remember that...

he dosent know what kinda turbo or piston he want, most people that dont know much, would probaly say.. i want something that my engine can handle... which mechcanics can makes lots of money, or mechcanics can ripp off these non-car anthusiastics(sp?)...

basically.. this accord03 owner dosent know what to get or expect..

yes you can have custom c-rods and valves, and valvesprings, but it would cost alot more since the car owner dosent know what kinda specs he wants or since this is a new car.. :laugh:

yup, im a damn newb when it comes to car, but im learning from you guys thx very much. Anyway i think it was buddy who said maybe i should sit back and enjoy my car for a while. So im probably gonna do that, i just want to know what to do with my car, so i dont mess up. I want it to be a show car, beautiful engine, nice body, nice rims, good system. Just hoping for some good sense of direction.

i would say to break the engine in properly before modding it at all. then by the time you properly break it in, there probably will be a turbo kit out for your car. if there isnt one out, i would call turbonetics or revhard or any other turbo company and tell them what kinda hp numbers you want, what kinda driving you'll be doing, ect ect and they'll be more then happy to custom build a kit to your specs.

Archived