building my motor up

hmmm. well i have around 3500 and ive got a 95 ls b18b1 and im planning on boosting it and i want to be able to run 15 pounds and be safe so what stuff should i upgrade, parts wise, and the prices. a list or suggestions would be great

i wouldnt say that , id put rods in it at least , lol. you turn that B18B up to 8 grand running boost on factory rods , your done for. at the very least if your gonna boost an lsvtec , put rods and pistons in it. no worries than. but , if you skip lsvtec , and just run boost in your stock B18B , 11lbs is worth 250 whp after tuning. but if you throw 9.5:1 pistons , H- rods in your B18B and fire a vtec head on it , running 8 lbs of boost , ive driven in a buddys car with that exact setup , after tuning he was pushing 330whp , which is insane , for 8 lbs.

well i think ill do the ls/vtec with the new pistons and rods but how high could i run the boost or should i leave it at just 8. last question how much do you thik this set up will cost and what about new cams or other small things that could be done

crower valve springs/retainers ~400 bucks

crower stage 2's ~400-500 bucks.

thats just for the cams and retainers (prices are for N/A cams, not turbo cams)

so you're looking around 800-100 on cams, springs, and retainers alone.

the head for the LS block, is gonna run about 500-600

the kit to convert, about 200

the rod bolts, 40 bucks

you're gonna want a better tranny - 300-700

thats basic stuff dude, you're looking at much more than 3500 for the lsvtec turbo.

i'd stick with the non vtec b18, and get a good turbo kit, it'll be fast, believe me.

i'd stick with the

Yeah. Nice last sentence BTW MTdew.

I'm telling you. With a good tune on 12 psi or so, you could take that B18B on stock internals and run 300whp, 240wtq.

Piece together the kit, and you could spend about 2500 and have a great setup. Then get headwork, and block machining for more power.

man for 3500 you wont have enough to build an lsvtec and boost it. just boost your B1. buy a good fuel managment system , get a nice turbo kit pieced together , worry about a vtec head another time , until than , youl have 250 at the wheels anyways , lol. buddy a mine here runs 11 lbs on all stock engine , using uberdata for tuning , makes 255 at the wheels on 11 lbs.

Archived