I have some N00B questions...

im retarded and just don't remember/know some simple things...

just to fill you in I ordered a '93 Integra GSR cable trans (YS1) w/ the shift linkage, clutch, pp, and flywheel.

1. Can I use my AT axle's or do I HAVE to purchase DA 5-sp axles?

2. Will my ecu throw a CEL b/c of the conversion? Should I buy a 5-sp DA ecu?

3. How hard is it to take off a fender? never did that before and i have a new one coming to replace the deer dented one....

please help. i'm a n00b today. :(

what fender do you want to take off? if its a front corner panel, there are two to three bolts in the engine compartment that you have to unscrew, also there are two just inside the car door when you open it. also, you have to take off your bumper

yeah i would assume you need new axels because not only are you changing from AT to MT but your changing the tranny itself, right? the ecu situation is kinda awkward cause if you get an MT one now you'll have to replace it when you put on your b16 head, right? but if you don't change it you might get that damn CEL. sux, mang.

and is the ys1 an lsd?

no it's not...but w/e, it's better than AT by far.

DA ecu's go for like $40 lol, that won't be a problem, and axle's aren't too bad....

and when i do the whole ls vtec thing i will see if i can use my ecu chipped with neptune for Evans Tuning, but if not i'll go P28 w/ conversion harness, also tuned by Evans.

bolts along the top where hood closes on fender. open the door and one by windshield where door closes. one at bottom of fender behind the wheel where it meets door. take corner light out and theres 1 or 2 in there as well. easy job though dude , you can have your fender off in half hour , not even. AT axles are different than manuals as far as i know. maybe not all cars though , search net you can find that easy. better yet call a parts guy at local parts place and ask to see them or get part# , if part# is different , than there different. as far as CEL cause of conversion , im not sure about those older models. but from what ive read here and other places yes you do have to change it out. manual tranny has neutral safety and such things which arent on autos , so chances are....you shouldve bought a B16 trans but thats just my opinion. should be a fun car when done 90. add some boost later , a real fun one.

bolts along the top where hood closes on fender. open the door and one by windshield where door closes. one at bottom of fender behind the wheel where it meets door. take corner light out and theres 1 or 2 in there as well. easy job though dude , you can have your fender off in half hour , not even. AT axles are different than manuals as far as i know. maybe not all cars though , search net you can find that easy. better yet call a parts guy at local parts place and ask to see them or get part# , if part# is different , than there different. as far as CEL cause of conversion , im not sure about those older models. but from what ive read here and other places yes you do have to change it out. manual tranny has neutral safety and such things which arent on autos , so chances are....you shouldve bought a B16 trans but thats just my opinion. should be a fun car when done 90. add some boost later , a real fun one.

Thanks Cranny, I'm going to get the part numbers at work tomorrow.

the reason i ask is b/c i posted a thread like this on H-T and people gave me a million different answers always ending in "maybe" or "I'm not sure though."

I will order axle's asap when the trans comes, alsong with the 5-spd ecu.

I put up a WTB: GSR or B16 Cable Trans, and I only got offers for the YS1 Trans, and the only few I got for the B16 Cable trans were just for the tranny, not for other parts needed for a AT-MT conversion...

When are you going to sell me your tranny ?

the H22 LSD trans?

talk to GSRCRX, his friend is buying it, maybe he'll sell it to you b/c all he needs is the motor for his Lude.

Cranny, you just posted the most reliable way to check fitment. Just see if the product websites list for different cars the same part number (even if they don't have a list of all the cars a particular product will fit). That's how I learned about the compatibility between 92-01 teg and del sol shocks/springs, which I would not have expected.

Aren't you getting new gears in the YS1 trans anyways Dan teh Man?

i would love to send it away to Chris to have some LSD and gears installed...

i would just buy a cheap ass LS trans for the time that it's away, which if i do it will be at the end of next summer, when my car will be pretty much complete.

Archived