'06 Accord Subwoofer mounting options

Merlyn_3D

I just got an '06 accord and my eventual plan is to put a new amp, new speakers, and a sub in the car. My question is, do I have to get a sub in a box or can I mount it somewhere in the trunk that would be out of the way of the cargo (like if I wanted to fold down the seats or something). Has anyone seen this done, can it be mounted so that it's out of the way?

you need to have the sub in a box. you could have a fiberglass box built so it fits into the countours of your trunk

I've been working on that exact thing for the past few days. I've got the mold of the corner of my trunk done in fiberglass, got the wooden faceplate on the front. Last night I got the fabric stretched from the wood to the back of the mold and a coat of fiberglass on it. Tonight I'll throw another coat of fiberglass on it and then ready to pad/carpet it. It will look completely stock when I'm done and house 1 12" sub. I'll try and take some pictures of the box tonight before and after I carpet it. Maybe one or two pics in the trunk too.

Oh, and the box minus the sub only weighs maybe 4 or 5 pounds. So overall I will only be adding about 15-20 pounds total to the back of my car.

merlyn: yes you can get a great audio setup and not have it in the way when you fold down your back seat. you can have it on the side (leaning against the wall above your wheels with the logo facing the other side of your wheel) of your trunk, which will not sound as great, but it is the only way to have it out of the way when you fold down your seat.

you can get one 12" subwoofer (yes it has to be in a box for it to sound good) and have it placed on the SIDE of the trunk leaning against the back seat. that way when you fold down your seat, you may see part of the box but not 100% of it. this is the best location for your box. since your seats fold down, i would suggest facing it towards the opening into the cabin of the car. it sounds better that way especially if you get a ported box (a box with an opening in it). you can also get a 10" subwoofer too. its just whatever is within your budget.

Ricer lol. Post pics.

Nah, I had the subs sitting in my shed and have a small amp laying around. I even have the spare carpet in my shed to cover it. If you've ever heard an integra's stock stereo, you know how non-existant the bass is. All I want is something that sounds as good as a stock s tereo, not boomy. Plus it's only costing me about $20 in fiberglass materials ( I had extra wood laying around for the front plate).

Any suggestions for the audio system then? I have the navi in the car, so I want to keep that there, I was thinking of eventually getting an amp and infinity kappa 6x9 3-way's in the back and 6 1/2" components in the front, and then maybe later adding a sub

to get the sub to work u have to have an amp...just go to walmart and get an amp wiring kit...(bout 20-30$mine was a schosch..or something like that)u then need a box for the sub to fit on..u wanna make sure it has enought room in the box or it would sound good...also u probably need some speaker wire and maybe a soldering tool....i took the switch covers out where i think fog lights and maybe seat warmers might have gone in my ex....which is right next to the cigerette ligher and put a switch in each of those and have one running to my subs and the other i hope to get some neon under my seats...just for some extra light since mines so dark at night..

to get the sub to work u have to have an amp...just go to walmart and get an amp wiring kit...(bout 20-30$mine was a schosch..or something like that)u then need a box for the sub to fit on..u wanna make sure it has enought room in the box or it would sound good...also u probably need some speaker wire and maybe a soldering tool....i took the switch covers out where i think fog lights and maybe seat warmers might have gone in my ex....which is right next to the cigerette ligher and put a switch in each of those and have one running to my subs and the other i hope to get some neon under my seats...just for some extra light since mines so dark at night..

so you have a switch running to your subs?

no...well actually my friend did most the wiring...he put a switch on the amp's power supply....my switch's wire was spliced right under the steering column and then ran to the switch...its looks rather nice and its easly excessable

Archived