apexi afc nea

I use to have one....ill upload a photo shortly

anyhow...people will talk their crap and there is always somebody who doesnt agree bla bla but i had a LOT of control tuning wise with that thing. Make sure you read that manual front to back man. IMO it was awesome...it even had a digital log that i think lasted maybe 20 seconds or a little less. So, if you ran a quarter it'd log and map out on its graph your however many seconds. Shows karmans,throttle position, rpm, annnnd something else i dont even remember for some reason

Well, be sure to post up your own review once you have it.

I will say that in my humble opinion, it makes more sense to ask for advice before you buy instead of while you're waiting for it to ship.

no you didn't. you can adjust the fuel map and that's about it.

V-AFCs are junk

lol dude i had one im pretty sure id know

most people dont really know how to work with them.....and say its worthless but i did my reading and stuff and was rather impressed....i wouldnt get another one.....but it was far from worthless

HPIM0344.jpg

yea my car kinda got ghetto robbed....they actually tried to steal my whole console....but apparently they were retarted

APEXi AVCR Boost Controller

Advanced electronic boost controller

Highly flexible boost control with revolutionary new functions; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD).

The Super AVC-R is the premium closed-loop electronic boost controller on the market. The AVC-R allows flexible control over virtually every aspect of boost control and adds new innovative functions such as injector pulse monitoring and gear specific boost control. Some key functions include: RPM-based boost and solenoid duty cycle control, scramble boost, self learning mode, 2D ghost map trace mode, analog display mode, real time replay and peak hold data modes. The AVC-R utilizes an ultra-fast microprocessor and a high quality solenoid valve to control boost. The result is ultra-fast response and accurate, stable boost control.

This is where I copied that from

it really had some neato functions

different ones differ in functionality

APEXi AVCR Boost Controller

Advanced electronic boost controller

Highly flexible boost control with revolutionary new functions; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD).

The Super AVC-R is the premium closed-loop electronic boost controller on the market. The AVC-R allows flexible control over virtually every aspect of boost control and adds new innovative functions such as injector pulse monitoring and gear specific boost control. Some key functions include: RPM-based boost and solenoid duty cycle control, scramble boost, self learning mode, 2D ghost map trace mode, analog display mode, real time replay and peak hold data modes. The AVC-R utilizes an ultra-fast microprocessor and a high quality solenoid valve to control boost. The result is ultra-fast response and accurate, stable boost control.

This is where I copied that from

it really had some neato functions

different ones differ in functionality

this is a boost controller, not a V-AFC or AFC.

last time I checked, I used to have a V-AFC as well. there are a few reasons why I don't have one now and have Hondata instead:

1. Hondata has the ability to tune in MUCH closer incriments

2. Hondata has the ability to adjust timing settings

3. Hondata has launch control, and other 2-step features

4. Hondata is very easily concealed

I didn't get this off a website. instead, I prefer personal experience. but what do I know? I've only had experience with...BOTH.

okay people, the one he is talking about is the S-AFC.

and he is right. he had the option of altering all of that. I was there. I watched, i learned.

i've never messed w/ hondata. that is something that is new to me. But we'll see as soon as i get my boost set up what options i'll go with.

&& Chubs, that's the car he had b/4 the civic. it was hella fast.

uhhh i know lol.....my 91 talon......good call though!

im not really arguing but my point was it wasnt worthless

i know of a lot of product that claim to do stuff and do absolutely nothing....but like i said i would not get one again but it was very helpful

ive never had hondata so i really have no practical use/knowledge of it so you got me there......i got it from a website because it was much easier to just copy and paste since id just woke up and was getting ready for school....btw i hate college english teachers

Archived