My Hood!!

Whitebballguy89

So I was running some ferrari and I pulled like 7 carlegnts on him and won right. Well we pulled over and He wanted to see the beastly 1.6 that just destroyed him... So i go to pop the hood and, well i think the cable snapped. :( Anybody know a quick fix to get the hood open, or how exactly I would go about replacing one of these, because I really need to get in there, my flux capacator is broken. :(

But seriously, how would I pop the hood lol?

um........that's a hard one.

maybe try and lift the latch with a very small flathead screwdriver? i dunno.

I can move the little latch with a screwdriver, but the hood is still locked in by the first latch... the one that usully comes un done with the lever in the car =/

I had the same problem on my Bravada.

The cable pulls a little lever that pops the hood a little bet, the u use the hood latch to open it. You have to use a small screwdriver and find the little lever that the cable pulls.

I had the same problem on my Bravada.

The cable pulls a little lever that pops the hood a little bet, the u use the hood latch to open it. You have to use a small screwdriver and find the little lever that the cable pulls.

Alright man thanks a bunch... i'll go look for it. Let you guys know if i have any luck

Haha, you were racing some ferrari. Ha, and won by 7 car lengths? Wow.

It is getting thick in here.

I dunno I layed the sarcasm on pretty thick... But yeah where the wire goes into the acual lock, is cased in metal lol. Im going to try and get the wire from the floor, get vicegrips around it and pull on it from there.. hopefully the wire just snapped off of the lever...

I got the hood up, thank god. It seems like the cable is streached or there is something wrong with the whole mechanism. I sanded down the contact where it holds on both sides, and drenched the whole unlocking thing in wd-40 so im gonna let it soak, sand it down one more time and than hope for the best if not... im gonna poke it open and just replace the lock... thanks again for the help...

Archived