What kind of engine do i have?

eddb185

Well i decided to keep my 1993 del sol. the only other honda i would trade for would be a crx. Can somebody please help me. first, i dont know if mine is a si or the s. Second, how do i know what kind of engine i have? the engine and tranny were replaced to make it 5 speed from another 93 del sol. I have power windows and locks if that helps. How do i tell the difference between what i think is a SOHC? and a DOHC? im hoping i have a d16.

the del sol replaced the crx. it was actually called a crx in europe. the dohc says dohc on the valve cover, and it only was available 94+, and si models have all wheel discs, s models dont. check the block, beneath the valve cover, left hand side(passenger side)

the del sol replaced the crx. it was actually called a crx in europe. the dohc says dohc on the valve cover, and it only was available 94+, and si models have all wheel discs, s models dont. check the block, beneath the valve cover, left hand side(passenger side)

is there a difference in the engine between the si and the s in the 93 del sol?

the s engine is gay and slow. I'm talking from experience. good gas mileage though. the si sohc motor has variable valve timing, and about 25-30 more hp, and the vtec has dual overhead cams with variable valve timing, and about 55-60 more hp than the s model. about 50% of all del sols sold in the us were si, so I'm guessing it's an si. I'm not sure if the earlier si's said vtec on the valve cover or not. I think it should, so if it doesn't maybe you have an s model. still a great car, just not very fast, and if its manual then it doens't have power steering. if you have rims then that's just plain gay trying to parallel park and stuff. that's what my first sol was, but I still loved it so I got a vtec model.

Del Sol S model motor is gay and slow? Ha, right. That's funny. It actually has quite a bit of potential. And the Z6 motor is not that much better for certain applications.

For boost, go Z6. For NA go B7. If those were the only choices.

i m not ashamed,its a whole 100 cubic inch 4 cylinder.i like the a/c,4 wheel discs,and removable roof.i race the pontiac(pics are on this site about 6 pages back).the only convenience it has is power steering,even has 4 wheel drum brakes which is scary

Archived