what is the best motor out their or motor frankenstein to do now a day

jdm tayli-r

I dunno, just to do it. I mean if i was riding in yours it would be gay just for you to waste gas and not get anything out of it, I could at least be nice and trust you to drive my car.

haha that happened to me today. i drove 400 miles to look at a 94 del sol vtec for 3690. so i get there, and its hella ghetto. the bumpers on crooked, theres a big chunk missing out the seats, theres no center console, and theres a big ass dent in the side. so i start it up, and everything sounded good. then i noticed that the engine was like sputtering, it would idle at a 1,000 then drop hello low to like 200 rpms, and it did it like every second. so i go and pop the hood, i pull the latch thingy, and nothing happend, so i pull it again, and still nothing happens, so i had pull the latch and the dealer had to muscle the hood open. everything looked good under the hood. so i get back in the car and we go on a test drive, and i realize that the srs light is tripped and that the both the airbags looked like they have been deployed like like stuck back in. they didnt even like close it all the way, and they were on crooked. at that time i also noticed that the mechanics and wiring on the steering column were exposed, there was like plastics covering under the steering wheel. so im thinking someone stole the car and wrecked it, and then the person bought it back and fixed it themselves. and to make it ten times worst the clutch was gone. i was a lil dissappointed in the performance though because mine in all honesty felt faster, in my car when you suddenly step on the gas the car actually jumps forward like it has hella powere. with this car it if you slam on the gas it feels as if when the car has like no power, and i was expecting the vtec to have more kick in it, instead of kick it just seemed like the engine sounded hella cool. it kicked in at 4500, but i thought it wasnt supposed to kick in til 5500. so i was asking the dude all these questions, like has the car been stolen wrecked stuff like that hes like, idk, idk. he didnt even know the car had a stripped clutch. when i was telling him stuff about del sols and some of the features they have, like this particular car had vtec, and hes like, "is that a good thing or a bad thing?" the guy was a complete dumbass, so anyway we get back, and the to ice the cake, when the guy was putting it back in its spot, i noticed that in some point of time during our drive the passengers side auxillary light partially detached, and got stuck halfway inside/outside the bumper. it was horrible.

Holy crap! Talk about a bad day at the dealership! I'm glad I bought mine from someone who knew a lot about cars. Anyway, referring back to the topic about "best motor." Arguing about the best motor to put in a del sol is completely subjective. It's like arguing about whether vanilla ice cream is better than chocolate. To the person who created this thread, B series swaps are always good. But ya know, it depends on what your budget is. Anyways, just my opinion, but if I had to reccomend a motor, either the b18c1, b16a2 or a3, or the b16b. B series swaps have been around a while, so if you research about swaps, builds, etc you will see a lot more test results than you would for the k series. Just my opinion though. Good luck!

Archived