engine shipping help

i'm trying to buy an engine from this guy and according to UPS its $450 to ship it....does anyone know of a cheaper yet efficient way to ship an engine? I really don't wanna spend that much to ship it unless its completely necessary

If you live in Indiana why did you have one shipped ? Sound like you live pretty close to me (Cincinnati Ohio) and there are like 3 crazy car shops that live within 10 minutes of me that carry any motor you want. For the future here are the shops names. www.Zerolift.com www.TPRcincy.com

*Carry any hot motors you want.

HMO has the best service out there.

ive been to the HMO warehouse 3 times. twice to pick up some motors and once to get a jdm s15 front clip and there service is even better in person. the drive is like two hours away but its worth it.

ive been to the HMO warehouse 3 times. twice to pick up some motors and once to get a jdm s15 front clip and there service is even better in person. the drive is like two hours away but its worth it.

after looking at the HMO website i'm kinda teetering on whether or not i should buy this engine. I see I can get a complete change over from HMO for about $4000 shipped...but I wanna build a strong NA with low compression so I can turbo in the near future...so should I go with the $1650 shipped engine with light flywheel and stage 3 clutch or the complete change over from HMO for $4000?

I was going to take the $1650 one and get it resleeved, vavle job, the works....but I don't know what I wanna do if I get the HMO one...would it already be rebuilt to be able to handle like 15lbs boost daily driven? or would I have to send that one out to get honed and what not?

yea, so my $250 shipping from HMO bit me in the ass, i was all planned on having it here today(friday) and swapping everything this weekend, and of course something had to go wrong, all day long sittin at work waitin and waitin, nothin, get off work, call HMO, got their shipping ppls number, called them, yea, it was scheduled for today, but our truck broke, UGHHHHH that really pissed me off, so now i have to wait till monday

after looking at the HMO website i'm kinda teetering on whether or not i should buy this engine. I see I can get a complete change over from HMO for about $4000 shipped...but I wanna build a strong NA with low compression so I can turbo in the near future...so should I go with the $1650 shipped engine with light flywheel and stage 3 clutch or the complete change over from HMO for $4000?

I was going to take the $1650 one and get it resleeved, vavle job, the works....but I don't know what I wanna do if I get the HMO one...would it already be rebuilt to be able to handle like 15lbs boost daily driven? or would I have to send that one out to get honed and what not?

i recommend the complete change over because everything you need comes with it, well worth the money. hmo's prices are the best. their engines arent rebuilt, theyre usually in stock form. i think in japan at 30k miles the engines come out because of their emissions and importers buy the low mile engines and sell them here. so if you bought an hmo engine, its most likely stock.

if you do get the hmo engine just sell your original engine and use the money from that to build it.

if you do get the hmo engine just sell your original engine and use the money from that to build it.

i can't sell my original engine...i'm planning on rebuilding that and shoving it in my gf's del sol with maybe an ls/vtec conversion and turbo or one or the other...haven't decided yet.

Archived