sub or no sub

well I'm new in this field.... so plz bear with me:)

I have pioneer deck with 150 amps & rockford fosgate speakers in my crx. to me my car seems to lack a lot of bass. I played with the equalisers... li'l difference. is there a sub out there that hooks up directly to my deck & battery only. Are those subs worth the $$$

150 amps? thats a lot! :laugh:

so wait, you have an amp and subs?

if you dont have an amp or subs, youll need to run a ground wire, power wire which goes to the battery, remote wire ( i think thats what its called, the wire that powers on the subs when the car turns on) and the rca wires that are installed in the back of your deck. you probably have ports for them on the back of your deck.

if you already have subs, all you would need to do is get new subs, and probably a new amp to supply the power and just reconnect everything like the old setup was.

i hate subs persnally... to much damn base... makes it seem like when ur rolling down the street a black person is coming. (i dont want that shiit)

not really, it depends what kind of subs you are running. the ones i have are perfect imo.

i have a few friends that even with the base turned all the way down u can hear him from the down street... eww.

and me peronally would not buy a stereo system unless i blew my speakers in mine. i just think theres beter things to spend the money on.

but mike working at CC helps me out alot :) so mike how bout them tweeters.. :)

it depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. do you want a subtle crips sound that is soothing to the ear or do you want that heavy boomy bass that the person in the next lane can feel it in their chest?

Running wires can get expensive.. the guy before me had it all setup.. Dynamat and everything.

Too bad I don't want a sound system.. ;)

I think it's like $70 for the wires, plus install. Then you have the amp, subs, box, and speakers.

To me, it's not worth it. Fun, but.. added weight.

Whenever people see my car they ask if I have a system. Happily I tell them no, and say I want more performance.

They understand.. lol.

i hate subs persnally... to much damn base... makes it seem like when ur rolling down the street a black person is coming. (i dont want that shiit)

thats one of the lamest excuses for a post ive ever seen. dude your an ass. not to mention racist by the sounds of it.

is there a sub out there that hooks up directly to my deck & battery only. Are those subs worth the $$$

middle to higher end decks have subout built in which is basically a gain and crossover. most amps have crossovers so it dont matter really. if yours does , idk , but im sure you could figure it out , lol. subs make music sound so much better , imo. im not much of a rap guy though , more into heavy and hard rock.

Archived