Lowering Question, just springs?

Well my Eibach Sportline Springs just came in for my 2000 Honda Civic EX. I was wondering will it look good with just the springs, or are there other things I should spend money on to make it look really professional and "clean". Thank Ya

the front shocks are cake to change, the rear can be a pain, the lower shock mount bolt can be welded in there, so best way to do it is drop the inner and outer bolt on the control arm and pull the two tops nuts out with a 14mm socket, lower control arms are a good idea if money isnt a problem, you should also consider not using the springs you bought and pay the eaxtra and get some tein's, much better qaulity imo, good luck with the lowering, let me know if you have any problems

tein are not better quality than eibach. but you should get a camber kit. and alex is right the rear wishbone bolts are FAGS!!!!lol. try and tap them out first though see if theyl come out if not dolike alex says take the spindle off no other choice.

I appreciate it guys, so a camber kit is really all I need? Camber kits are pretty expensive, i found them for the front and back for around 215... but do I really NEED them... I don't race or anything.

camber kits are good to have if your car is low enough to where you have a negative camber. without one youll wear out the inside of your tires faster.

once you have the eibachs in, take a look to see if its giving you a negative camber. i dont think its really needed unless you drop more than 1.5" or so. i used just the springs at first and didnt need one but once i put full coilvers in i had to get a camber kit.

Well darn, the springs are lowering it 1.8" and like 1.6" in the back.. or something like that. Im not really auto savy but I guess i'll get cambers wants i can afford it. Coilovers look cheap on eBay, but I have no idea what they do.

coilovers are adjustable springs that allow you to raise or lower the car to the desired ride height. i think most coilovers let up to a 4" drop.

it all depends on how much youre willing to spend. some people get a full coilover system where its the shock and coil in one.

Products_Drag_Coilover_Medium.jpg

or you could buy the shocks and coilovers seperate and use them together. like using koni struts with skunk2 coilovers.

focus_koni.jpg + skn-coilovers_md.jpg

i think you would save money getting a full coilover set. but those springs youre talking about should be fine if you dont wanna drop it too low.

o yeah, for your info dont buy coilovers on ebay if there the cheap ones, way to stiff, it will make your car bounce, expect to pay over 150 for decent coilovers,

the springs themselves ran me over 200, i don't see why coilovers aren't as much or much more then springs.

The rear camber isnt really thrown off that much with the drop, mine was fine. That was an expensive front camber kit, I would look for something else.

Tein are good springs, I have them, my buddy has them on his s13, I havent ever heard anyone say anything bad about them.

If you just want to drop it you can get by with just getting the springs.

Archived