just a blow off valve?

willthiswork89

i LOVE the sound of a blow off valve but can you get one without having the turbo yet? i would just like to have the valve installed, also my o2 sensors are gone because of after market exaust... how can i fix that? thanks guys! and if i cant have the BOV whats a cheap good turbo kit for a 1992 honda prelude Si 2.3L non vtec?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, it works like this........

you need a turbo to build up pressure in your charge pipes, and the bov releases that pressure.

so you need a turbo to have a working bov.

okay thats all i wanted to know sir.. thank you very much! how much is a decent turbo with fuel management? also since i dont have the a/f ratio sensors it wont be able to be turbo boosted will it? because it depends on the sensors to react to the more air and add more fuel... correct?

no not really. not to be a ding-a-ling, but theres alot alot alot more that you need to learn about turbos before you try to boost your car. i can try to help you out as much as i can, but i've been real busy lately. so start reading up on crap.

look to spend about $2k on parts to build a turbo kit for your car, w/ stock internals and prolly not gonna be able to boost alot beuase the stock h22 bottom ends arent very strong.

andi dunno what you meant on your last part of the question.

from what i read turbos force mor eair into the engine, when the engine realizes there is more air.. the ecu tells the fuel injectors to match that air by adding more fuel, thus giving you more power.. without the sensors to tell my ecu to tell the fuel injhectors to feed more fuel how can it give more fuel to the engine?

who would yo unot have the sensors..... lest just say that the factory sensors are innefficent for that kind of upgrade. the stock ecu is set to run with a stock motor. when you upgrade stuff, you need to upgrade the tuning software too. you need to go w/ hondata or something else, and then get it tuned by a proffessional on a dyno who will basically reprogram your car to run the way that it needs to run. the right air/fuel ratios, timing, etc.

but the weak leak will be the bottom end.

well i had a new exaust put on my car and the sensors were removed... thats why my check engine light comes on when my car engine gets to its normal operating heat. at least thats what my father said to me. hes worked for honda for about 22 years. lol

ok so when you say your sensors do you mean your 02 sensors? cause there should be one ibefore your cat, and one afer your cat. i think. and most exhaust systmes will leave them on, so that your ecu will be able to make minor chagnes if you start to lean out.

yeah, and the check eng. light would be on. ask your dad tomorrow if they took out your o2 sensors, but i bet thats what it was.

i dunno why they would have taken them out becuase they really should be still on there for a basically stock car.

also i forgot to mention that my car has had turbo before, but dad removed it bfore giving it to me he said " i took it out youde be killin your self boy...i got the boost gauge still in my car so the ecu probably had been programmed already?

Well, a very cheap, but sucky turbo kit you can find on ebay. The company is SS Autochrome. They sell 'Holy Moly' turbo kits for $750. The manifold is known to crack though. But hey if you must desire a BOV get this kit and if you don't want to hurt anything run low boost.

Now about your O2 sensor. Do you have OBD 1 or OBD 2? Explain your problem again. I ran into a couple of O2 sensor problems myself and did a lot of research so hopefully I can help you out.

he said i have the h23 motor, the 02 sensors were all taken out for some reason... i want a decent turbo with all stock internals so i probably will buy it peice by peice so recomendations would be great guys thanks! also any suggestions to possibly upgrading internals, i have a racing clutch already but thats the only thing...

i LOVE the sound of a blow off valve but can you get one without having the turbo yet? i would just like to have the valve installed, also my o2 sensors are gone because of after market exaust... how can i fix that? thanks guys! and if i cant have the BOV whats a cheap good turbo kit for a 1992 honda prelude Si 2.3L non vtec?
Pretty much the dumbest thing I have read on this forum.

Archived