Saw a "Fit" today for the first time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking into it the other day when i was sitting in the hotel with my wife yesterday and im going to give her my car and invest in buying a FiT... haha but im going to let her drive it until the warranty has expired, then its my turn to tinker with it... haha.. cant wait.

I was looking into it the other day when i was sitting in the hotel with my wife yesterday and im going to give her my car and invest in buying a FiT... haha but im going to let her drive it until the warranty has expired, then its my turn to tinker with it... haha.. cant wait.

your going to go from a b16 del sol to a fit. performance wise i think youll be sadly dissappointed.

Fit would be a great AutoX car imho. If you can just churn 150whp (probably possible with a small turbo) and make a lot of suspension upgrades it'll handle amazingly (especially since it already handles like a high-performance car according to road and track, edmunds inside line, etc.).

I agree. Do you realize that the fit weighs about 2500 lbs....the same as a del sol. Not only that but the del sol has a lower center of gravity than the taller fit. It wouldn't be a bad autox car seeing as a 150whp del sol with great suspension would be great at autox, but it's still not a good enough hp/weight ratio to dominate the class it would be in with all those suspension mods and aftermarket turbo.

But keep in mind that AutoX depends like 90% on the skill of the driver.

I saw somewhat modded neons (no muffler, suspension, tires, wheels, massive weight reduction) have better runs than a highly modded civic si (which i rode in :D )

if you buy a fit, please do not try and make it fast. thats like boosting a hybrid. some cars are made for tuning, others are made for family/great gas mileage. granted the D gets great mileage as well, but the del sol is a sports car IMO.

Actually Clutchmasters has a full out drag insight. I'm not sure what motor it has but it runs sub 10 seconds I believe.

Oh, and if we want to just say that 90% of the autox is based on driver skill (I agree), then there's no point in even talking about what cars are better autox cars.

I know they are slow that is why my wife is going to drive it until the warranty has expired then i was planning to put a K20A in it or maybe a K24... dont know yet, we'll see when the time comes...

I want to have a fast Honda family car. that is small but yet has enough room for a family of at least 4 and is kind of cheap, like the FiT... if you think about it it has great potential...

I know they are slow that is why my wife is going to drive it until the warranty has expired then i was planning to put a K20A in it or maybe a K24... dont know yet, we'll see when the time comes...

I want to have a fast Honda family car. that is small but yet has enough room for a family of at least 4 and is kind of cheap, like the FiT... if you think about it it has great potential...

i think theyre comming out with a 4 door si. get that, its hella tight.

I'm just going to get the FiT Sport because I'm buying it in December(after AIT)...

I was wondering if i could get away with it if i bought a lowering kit for it and not void the warranty... plus im going to buy wheels... and it comes with a sport exaust so i'll be fine with that...

Archived